Deadline: February 26, 2013
The Assistant Coach reports to the Head Coach of the specific sport and carries out all responsibilities delegated by the head coach. The incumbent assists with all aspects of the operation of a Division I scholarship program, including instruction, preparation for opponents and recruitment of student athletes, under the general supervision of the Head Coach.
On-campus contacts include students, support staff, administrators, peers and colleagues while off-campus contacts include prospective student-athletes and their families as well as peer coaching personnel at other institutions/and the general public (fans).
The incumbent must be thoroughly knowledgeable of the technical and tactical aspects of the sport and effective at transferring that expertise to the student-athletes in the program.
The position often requires work beyond that of the normal University workday and involves nights, weekends and extensive travel.
- Assists with organization and execution of daily practice and game plans/preparations. Coaches players in the technical aspects of the game.
- Recruits qualified student-athletes for the University. Includes extensive telephone contacts, high school, home and campus "official visits", etc.
- Represents University to high school coaches, guidance counselors, alumni, parents and prospective student-athletes.
- Assists with film/video analysis, both for scouting and preparation for upcoming opponents and for recruiting evaluation of talent, as assigned by Head Coach.
- Assists with on and off-season strength and conditioning program execution, as assigned by Head Coach.
- Assists with counseling of players, academically, athletically and personally.
- Executes game-day responsibilities as assigned by Head Coach.
- Executes other duties as assigned by Head Coach.
- Performs administrative assignments as designated by Athletics administrators.
Bachelor's degree, Master's preferred, in Coaching related curriculum or acceptable equivalent field. Three years related experience (collegiate coaching strongly preferred). Demonstrated ability in recruitment of student-athletes. Competitive collegiate experience desirable. Willingness to comply with NCAA rules (Division I familiarity preferred). Advanced knowledge of skills and strategies, as well as specialized knowledge of sport required.
How To Apply
When applying please submit a one-page cover letter and your resume as one document. Also, please remember to provide names, addresses and telephone number of at least three references in the online application.