The IT Support Manager is responsible for overseeing the Company’s computer hardware and software including, servers, networks, and scanners within the company and at offsite/client locations. This is a management position responsible for supervising the day-to-day operations of the IT support staff with an emphasis on customer satisfaction.
- Oversee problem diagnosis and resolution, configuration and installation of communications and PC hardware and software.
- Oversee help-desk requests, tickets, tracking and reporting.
- Oversee desktop computer and scanner installations and repairs.
- Oversee proper implementation/installation, configuration and security on all Linux based applications and server environments.
- Develop and maintain IT policies and procedures.
- Ensure ongoing monitoring and maintenance on all Linux server environments to ensure stability and optimal performance.
- Consult with CEO and CTO in determining hardware, data communications, computer operations, PC software, and/or cabling requirements associated with existing and new development projects.
- Recommend hardware / software solutions for short-range problems, and to support long range technology planning.
- Work cross-functionally with other departments including Software Development and Testing, Project and Account Management, and Production and Operations to ensure client success.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to each individual on the IT Support team via regularly scheduled one-on-one meetings, call monitoring, ticketing and phone system statistics, and client feedback for employee success.
- Assist employees with calls, tickets, troubleshooting, installations and upgrades during high volume periods.
- Interview, train, discipline, and evaluate employees. Ensure company policies are adhered to and consult with Human Resources to take action as needed.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university preferred, or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of IT support experience, which should include at least 2 years in a supervisor role.
- Experience with Desktop and LAN support, Windows, Redhat/Fedora Linux servers and PCs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Please reply with a copy of your resume and salary requirements.