The Digital Content Producer for NBC4 Washington will be responsible for working with the Editorial Manager, Digital and other website editors to direct the local editorial operation for NBCWashington.com and related digital platforms, ensuring the voice, tone and mix of content fits with the overall editorial strategy. Responsibilities include:
• Produce the homepage, main pages and subsections of the website and mobile apps on a 24/7 schedule
• Create original articles, videos and galleries; gather original content from NBC4 Washington newsroom, and curate a wide-variety of stories from other sources, including blogs, newspapers, online publications, and magazines
• Update all social media platforms and mobile platforms
• Monitor digital news sources for new information and inform assignment editors or producers on a timely basis
• Work with corporate editorial staff and editors in other local markets to share stories and resources across all NBC websites
• Assist in identifying freelance contributors and managing of content partnerships
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications or related field
• Minimum 1-2 years of experience as an editor, writer or producer at a major news organization
• Knowledge of digital media technology, particularly content-management tools
• Knowledge of social media platforms and SEO
• Must be willing to work in Washington D.C.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must be 18 years or greater.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be available to evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Must be able to work quickly and accurately under pressure, multi-task and prioritize
• Must have demonstrated solid news judgment
• Able to maintain high attention to detail, organization and problem solving skills in challenging environments
• Experience editing video and creating slideshows
• Solid knowledge of current events
• Able to work collaboratively with a multi skilled team
• Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
NBC Universal - 2 years ago