Fleet Managers are responsible for managing the operations pertaining to the dedicated transportation services at our customer’s facility, employee relations as it relates to defined drivers, customer service and relationship saturation, asset management and maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversee loading and unloading of truck cargo to ensure the operation runs smoothly.
• Adhere to and oversee safety compliance.
• Manage the accuracy of delivery schedules.
• Ability to manage a fleet of 20-30 drivers.
• Employee relations pertaining to driver need and satisfaction.
• Maintain recent knowledge of all trucking regulations.
• Guarantee all documents pertaining to shipments are accurate, complete and sent to all appropriate parties.
• Communicate with customer to maintain dock efficiency and customer satisfaction.
• Serve as a liaison between customer and Cowan Systems’ asset management.
• Ability to build and maintain relationships
• Strong work ethic, self-motivated, and enthusiastic
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
• Ability to manage and motivate and team
• Customer service oriented
• Strong computer knowledge, organization and administrative skills