ABM Facility Services |
has an immediate opening for an Electrician within an American Airlines location.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Operate, maintain, and perform repairs on assigned electrical systems in data centers and/or other critical services facilities, including high voltage and data center systems in such a manner as to ensure optimal customer relations.
The responsibilities of the Electrician include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responds in a professional, polite, and helpful manner when dealing with customers.
- Completes reactive and preventive maintenance work orders and on project related work.
- Maintains various equipment such as switchgear, UPS systems, generators, PDUs, and SCADA systems.
- Completes work orders for routine repairs and installation of lighting and power circuits.
- Maintains daily, weekly and/or monthly reports as required.
- Works with and takes direction from the facility supervisor or facility manager.
- Learns, understands, and complies with fire, safety, and other emergency practices.
- Informs the supervisor of any condition deemed to be unsafe.
- Learns, understands, and complies with all Company and customer policies.
- Participates in training directed at increasing job-related skills.
- Assists in training of other employees as directed.
- Works according to the schedule prepared by the supervisor/manager.
- Works overtime as needed.
- Works on-call as part of regular rotation.
- Assists in emergencies as needed including emergency calls at non-scheduled hours.
- Assists and ensures that all work areas are returned to a clean, neat, orderly, and safe condition.
- Reports to supervisor any information having the potential to affect customer or employee relations.
- Must be willing to work on all types of equipment to provide total facility management services and 100% up-time/reliability of systems.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High school / technical school graduate.
- Electrical journeyman’s license or possesses required state and local licenses.
- Five or more years of experience in the electrical trade
- Availability to work overtime as needed
- Experience and ability to repair and maintain high voltage
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions quickly
- Ability to be proactive, bring forth ideas, attention to detail, quality and quantity of work are critical.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as on your own with limited oversight but remain productive.
- Strong troubleshooting ability with various voltages up to 480 VAC.
- Ability to keep accurate records of activities performed and complete basic reports
- Computer skills
- Ability to read electrical schematics and blueprints
- Well organized, hard worker, great attitude, team player
- Strong Analytical experience
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through skills in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to maintain good working relations with other staff and building tenants
ABM IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER (M/F/V/D)
ABM Industries, Inc. - 2 years ago