Founded in 1899 on the belief that "People Build Businesses," Sonoco is a $4.5 billion global manufacturer of consumer and industrial packaging products and provider of packaging services. With more than 300 operations worldwide and an employee-focused value system and culture, we believe in building from within, encourage employees to take ownership of their careers and give them the tools and opportunities to help them reach their full potential. We offer world-class benefits, value people and teamwork, celebrate challenges, reward success, are committed to employee satisfaction and work/life balance, and are recognized worldwide for our commitment to growing future leaders.
- Plan and implement logistic strategies, policies, and procedures that are driven to meet division customer service requirements at the lowest total cost for all plants.
- Identify and drive Logistics productivity for Sonoco Recycling, LLC
- Manage fleet to meet or exceed the DOT and CSA minimum requirements for operating a private fleet
- Implement and manage program for reporting Interstate Highway Fuel tax
- Manage initial drug and alcohol screening and random tests
- Ensure titles, registration, licenses, tags, and permits are current
- Develop Logistics operating standards and Standard Operating Procedures
- Manage the purchase, sale, and transfer of fleet assets
- Develop fleet safety and training program to ensure company drivers and Sonoco owned equipment meet or exceed the Federal and State Motor Carrier Regulations (FMCSR) and requirements and standards.
- Investigate all Fleet accidents and Out of Service Violations (OOS) and generate control plans
- Manage technology associated with driver and asset utilization, fuel reporting, equipment tracking and tracing
- Perform plant safety audits
- Work with the Occupational Safety team to develop improvements in the divisions safety performance
- Logistics Cost Control/Savings
- Develop and monitor dashboards and reports to monitor fleet operations, costs, and safety performance
- Liaison to Corporate Logistics
- Develop training courses
- Manage corporate fuel card program
- Active Team Member on the Recycle Continuous Improvement Team (CIT)
- Excellent people and change management skills preferred
- BS Logistics or related – MBA preferred
- 10+ years of related experience
Sonoco Products Company - 23 months ago