Process Controls Technician
Enhance the profitability of our customers by providing state-of-the-art automation solutions primarily in the Food and Dairy industries. This is accomplished by performing the following duties:
This list is not inclusive of all duties and responsibilities that may be assigned. They are only listed as typical. Any other duties and responsibilities assigned will be of a similar nature requiring the same relative skill and capabilities.
- Manage multiple simultaneous assignments. This includes reviewing project documentation, communication with project engineer, customers and co-workers, completely understanding the process being controlled and the requirements for completion.
- Maintain good customer relationships. Performing startup tasks is a portion of this function.
- Perform service calls on projects / companies as needed.
- Stay current with industry trends, and methods. This includes informing other team members on changes and problems as their responsibilities are affected.
- Troubleshoot, repair and calibrate pneumatic/electronic and analog/digital instruments used to measure and control pressure, level, flow, temperature and pH – especially in a start-up environment
- Solve problems working alone or in a team environment
- Assess system problems and take appropriate action
- Electrical control panel fabrication including layout, assembly, and component wiring and configuration
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Effectively interpret technical manuals, P & ID's, loop sheets and cross reference data books to analyze, troubleshoot and tune automatic process control loops
- Experience with maintenance and troubleshooting the full line of Rockwell Automation / Allen-Bradley programmable controllers Operate oscilloscopes, multimeters, manometers and other related measuring devices
- Experience with electrical control panel fabrication including layout, assembly, and component wiring and configuration
- AS Electrical Controls/Instrumentation/Electrical Engineering Technology or applied science with process controls emphasis
- Moderately Skilled w/computers, MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Windows XP
- Working knowledge of NFPA 70/NEC, UL-508A
- Read and interpret documents - safety rules, Operation and Maintenance instructions, sequence of operations, process flow schematics, electrical instrumentation, and pneumatic drawings, and government regulations.
- Write reports (service work orders, packing lists, etc.)
- Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to occasionally walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision.
- Have a current driver's license.
Engineering Solutions Experts - 2 years ago