Manage the product development, applications development and technical service of the Altuglas extruded and cast sheet business.
•Manage the sheet technical resources directly for the Applications Laboratory and functionally for the Matamoros plant.
•Plan/manage projects, project portfolio and facilitate the ASAP process to meet Business expectations and market needs.
•Develop new products, technology and technical solutions to meet industry and customer needs.
•Demonstrate technical leadership abilities as evidenced by positive customer feedback.
•Lead / participate on ASAP teams and act as a Gatekeeper as required.
•Coordinate resources with the Resin group to optimize results for the overall Altuglas International business.
•Travel and interact with suppliers and customers as needed to accomplish projects and support business.
Safety, Environmental, Health
•Provide leadership of HES related activities for the Applications laboratory and its personnel.
•Full participation for self and staff in safety processes, setting a good example.
•Development of process technology and customer process recommendations using product stewardship.
•Maintain current knowledge of technical subject matter.
•Manage the Performance Management process.
•Plan career development/training with staff.
•Prompt reporting to management per requirements (monthly reports, budget planning, special assignments).
•Prepare and manage budget for applications development department.
• BS in Chemical/Polymer Engineering or related field with 5 to 10 years of applicable industrial experience to include 2 to 5 years of people management / leadership experience.
• A record of new product development successes related to polymer products and/or thermoplastic processing innovations and applications.
• Strong communication skills and demonstrated success in customer interactions.
• Knowledge of polymer chemistry, preferably cell cast PMMA, is required.
• Extrusion experience in transparent sheet materials such as acrylic and polycarbonate a significant factor.
Arkema - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Arkema's into vinyl, but not in a weird way. The North American branch of France's Arkema manufactures many vinyl products, such...