Summary : Directs and coordinates food service activities of assisted living community, training of cooks and other kitchen staff engaged in preparing and cooking foods, and ensures safe and efficient food service by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
- Cooks or otherwise prepares high-quality, nutritious meals with excellent food presentation according to recipes and/or menu.
- Cuts, trims, and bones meats and poultry for cooking; carves meats; and serves sauces, vegetables, soups, and other foods.
- Portions cooked foods, or gives instructions to kitchen staff as to size of portions and methods of garnishing.
- Oversees all kitchen operations including: food and supply orders, food and equipment inventory, food production, batch food preparation and presentation, timely service of meals, portion control, and special dietary requirements.
- Plans, prepares, and executes community special events requiring culinary services in coordination with the Community Director.
- Purchases food and supply products, maintains cost records, and works to meet budget guidelines, as approved by the Home Office.
- Receives and examines foodstuffs and supplies to ensure quality and quantity meet established standards and specifications.
- Supervises and trains culinary staff and coordinates their assignments to ensure economical and timely food production.
- Schedules work hours and assignments; reviews and monitors dietary staff work performance.
- Ensures proper storage and food handling adheres to all regulations and guidelines.
- Maintains clean and sanitized kitchen, equipment, and dining room.
- Ensures the completion of a dietary card on all new residents as well as use of dietary cards for each resident and respite guest at every meal.
- Confers with residents medical team, dietary card, and nursing staff to ensure that meals conform to residents diet restrictions and nutritional requirements as prescribed by physician.
- Acts as primary contact with local health department; maintain 100% rating for all health department and state inspections.
- Assures proper food sanitation and infection control procedures are adhered to at all times.
Supervisory and Budgetary Responsibilities:
- Directly supervises two to three employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organizations policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include participation in the interviewing and hiring process; training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Budgetary responsibilities include reviewing financial and budget transactions and budgetary control for all purchasing for kitchen.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university; minimum of four (4) years experience with batch cooking experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum two (2) years experience in a management role; Healthcare industry experience highly preferred.
- Valid Food Managers Permit.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, and volume; Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Management Includes staff in planning, decision making, and process improvement; Makes self available to staff; Improves processes, products, and services; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Business Acumen - Understands business and implications of decisions on the business.
- Ethics Follows through on commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Professionalism Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Dependability Follows instructions, responds to management direction; results oriented and committed to achieving objectives and tasks as required.
Physical Demands: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to stand and walk regularly, occasionally sit, lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
As a family-owned and operated company, Constant Care Family Management understands the importance of maintaining a healthy work/life balance. We provide a healthy and flexible approach to working hours, alongside offering competitive pay, excellent opportunities for career development and advancement, and great benefits, including Medical, Dental, and Vision, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Sick Pay and performance incentives. Full and Part Time employees are eligible to participate in our company 401(k) plan which includes an employer match.
We work hard to maintain our superlative standards, therefore, all offers of employment with Constant Care Family Management are contingent upon an adequate background check as well as a drug screen, and TB testing (if required by the position). Constant Care Family Management also utilizes the E-Verify program to confirm work authorization with the Social Security Administration and the Department of Homeland Security.
Constant Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Thank you for your interest in Constant Care.
Constant Care Family Management - 2 years ago