Who are we and what do we do?
ISS Solutions is an industry leader in clinical engineering services, providing solutions that help healthcare organizations provide high quality patient care through timely, accurate, and cost-effective delivery of clinical equipment services. Additionally, our services help clients meet regulatory requirements and contribute positively to their bottom line.
About our Culture
ISS Solutions' culture is what differentiates us from our competition. We look for talented, hardworking, goal-oriented individuals who are eager to learn, grow and who demonstrate a can-do attitude to overcome challenges.
Position: Senior Biomedical Engineer/ Site Coordinator
Coordinates a full time site-specific Clinical Technology Management Program tailored to the needs of the health care facility. The functions, detailed responsibilities, qualifications and core competencies of BMET Senior Level and BMET Supervisor apply to this position.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consolidate clinical equipment inventory through the use of the ISS Solutions Clinical Equipment Inventory System.
- Review and consolidate vendor contracts for optimum service and cost effectiveness.
- Analyze equipment maintenance history reports to assist the hospital in planning for equipment replacement.
- At the hospital's request, participate as an advisor in pre-purchase planning and evaluation of projected equipment acquisition..
- Develop and implement in-service training on electrical safety and operator use of equipment.
- Participate on the hospital's safety committee.
- Works in cooperation with the hospital's Risk Manager to review patient care equipment incident reports and recommend corrective action needed.
- Responsible for management of the insurance service option of the Site Coordinator. Responsibilities include:
- Performs any and all assignments within his/her capability as may be required to meet overall Site Coordinator objectives.
- Monitors and approve expenditures to ensure cost effectiveness and compliance.
- Monitor and reduce ancillary operational service costs and document savings to Operations Management.
- Review costs that will effect hospital budget with hospital Administrator.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have five to eight years of experience as a BMET with supervisory responsibilities in a health care institution or with a clinical engineering program. Must be knowledgeable of clinical equipment Maintenance and patient care facility issues. Must be able to judiciously apply current JCAHO regulations and standards.
- Schedule the necessary safety and functional tests and preventative maintenance for all clinical equipment.
- Develop and assign written inspection and preventive maintenance procedures to each piece of clinical equipment listed in the inventory.
- Prioritize equipment repair in coordination with the user departments.
- Manage the spare parts inventory to assure that stock levels are maintained in a cost-effective manner.
- Coordinate the purchase of parts with the hospital or the ISS Solutions Materials Management Department.
- Ensure the completion of scheduled and non-scheduled work to meet hospital and JCAHO standards.
- Establish quality control measurements.
- Perform technical level responsibilities of a Sr. BMET.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Associates Degree in Medical Electronics or military equivalent.
*BMET Senior Technicians may also be considered for this position.
Our benefits package is designed to attract, retain, and motivate high caliber professionals in support of the mission and goals of ISS Solutions. We offer a full array of benefits that add value to your compensation package and protect you and your family. This includes medical/dental insurance, paid holidays, and paid time off, which provide for personal well-being. In addition, we offer a 401K with a generous company match, optional short-term disability, company paid long-term disability, life insurance, and flexible spending accounts that help to contribute to your financial security.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.