How to Apply
Please complete the entire online application along with any prescreening questions that pertain to this opportunity. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
About Us - Winery
Over seventy-five years ago, with humble beginnings, brothers Ernest and Julio Gallo began E. & J. Gallo Winery. Today, we are the world's largest family-owned winery. We distribute wines to 90 countries and are the largest exporter of California wine. E. & J. Gallo Winery employs a creative and talented team of more than 5,000 people.
We truly believe that the contributions of our employees are what make our Winery a dominant force in the ever-growing wine industry.
If you want to work with great people and enjoy a career in a dynamic industry expected to double in the next 10 years, see what opportunities await you at E. & J. Gallo Winery!
Full Time/Part Time
Responsible for developing and managing the annual Shopper Marketing plan for an assigned region/geography and customers within the assigned region/geography by executing plans that will support the business unit objectives, goals, strategies, tactics and measures (OGSMs) while balancing the specific requirements of Channels/Customers in the assigned Region.
• Serves as a forward deployed marketing expert for business partners and their shoppers; develops and customizes national and local programs for customer needs (focus driven by customer tiering).
• Collaborates on “big idea” development with Customer Development teams and Category Management COE to drive locally relevant and impactful Customer Marketing solutions also works with Shopper Marketing COE to leverage insights and develop “big ideas”.
• Manages the creative process (including all briefs) for local generated POS development ensuring that our brands get the highest quality creative development from our agencies.
• Ensures that all programs are delivered on time and complete to Customer Development and Distributor Management teams.
• Links to BU through Annual Planning process and collaboration forums (e.g. START).
• Manages execution of non in-store activities (e.g. local sponsorships, local media, out of home contracts, trade press).
• Participates in partner/invest customer presentations as local embedded Marketing expert.
• Communicates customer Marketing activity with key distributors.
• Executes national customer development programs.
• Executes liquor programming where applicable.
• Drives partnership and collaboration with current distributor marketing functions.
• Oversees brand equity tactics and execution.
• Delivers quarterly and annual regional program results (ROI).
• Develops and nurtures regional relationships and programs with CPG companies, food brokers and food distributors.
• Researches and monitors all aspects of competitive in-store activities and recommends potential counter actions to Customer Development and Brand teams.
• Establishes appropriate partnerships that will enhance our branded efforts and further our “Category Captain” position by delivering concepts capitalizing on emerging industry trends.
• Collaborates with Brand Marketing, Sales Managing Directors, Shopper Marketing COE, Creative Services, and CP&I to develop the yearly plan based on key shopper insights for their respective channel.
• Implements the execution of the annual integrated shopper marketing plan for brands and major retail customers in assigned geography.
• Maintains accountability for brand equity tactics and execution; manages the overall customer marketing plan performance in assigned region.
• Develops the optimal Shopper Marketing programs based on customers' unique marketing tools.
• Maintains an embedded presence at the business partner’s location.
• Maintains budget management accountability for all retail marketing activity within the region.
• Works with Brand Marketing to build long-term brand equity and improve consumer awareness while helping achieve short-term annual sales objectives.
• Develops an understanding of Shopper Marketing principles and barriers to purchase.
• Functions as a liaison to Regional Sales Management and the BU’s.
• Participates in the development of and implements a successful vision/strategy, through strong leadership skills.
• Develops or approves recommendations to change systems, policies, and procedures; ensures timely and accurate implementation.
• Participates in department and interdepartmental planning and management teams and works cross-functionally to improve processes within the organization.
• Identifies and obtains staff resources and capabilities needed to accomplish objectives.
• Monitors and ensures achievement of performance goals and objectives either directly or through subordinate staff.
• Oversees and handles projects that have short to long term focus.
• Balances planning efforts with day to day demands.
• Ensures employee conformance to established best practices and proper training of staff.
• Must maintain satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
• Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
• This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• Develops, coaches, and mentors subordinate staff.
• Conducts performance evaluations; recommends salary adjustments; rewards employees or takes disciplinary action, as necessary; addresses complaints and resolves issues.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High school diploma or GED.
• MBA degree plus 5 years of communications, finance, marketing, sales or CPG shopper marketing experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility OR Bachelor’s degree plus 7 years of communications, finance, marketing, sales or CPG shopper marketing experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility OR Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of Gallo specific marketing or sales experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
• Required to possess a valid driver’s license and clean DMV record.
• Required to travel by automobile or airplane.
• MBA degree plus 7 years of communications, finance, marketing, sales or CPG shopper marketing experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Skilled in statistical analysis and problem solving.
• Knowledge of E. & J. Gallo Strategic Imperatives as outlined by the CEO and the Gallo Executive Leadership Team.
• Experience leading and directing a change process.
• Experience communicating with all levels of an organization.
• Experience obtaining cooperation and maintaining relationships in the pursuit of goals.
• Experience influencing, negotiating and resolving conflicts to reach consensus around common goals.
• Experience making effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and boards of directors.
• Skilled in quickly grasping key business drivers.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (both oral and written).
• Experience successfully leading teams and partnering with other corporate functions to achieve success in a dynamic work environment.
• Experience addressing strategic issues as well as day-to-day operational concerns.
• Experience staffing and developing an organization.
• Leadership/management strength to provide motivational guidance and direction.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Over eighty years ago, with humble beginnings, brothers Ernest and Julio Gallo began E. & J. Gallo Winery. Today, we are the world's...