- Must be able to read, write and follow oral and /or written instructions.
- Must achieve or have a Serve Safe certificate 6 months from hire.
- Oral and written communication skills.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain a clean, attractive dining and serving area in Aspen Pointe and Birchwood. Assist with meal service and/or caterings occurring in all areas of Hillcrest. Serve all residents at breakfast, lunch, dinner and special events using proper serving techniques and in a friendly, helpful manner. Act as the final check in all foods that are served in dining room and advise cook of any food that is unacceptable. Responsible for keeping proper levels of many food and non-food items. Wash all dishes and pots and pans in the kitchen. Assist in putting away all deliveries. Assist at keeping food and labor costs at budgeted levels.
- Assists with any meal service, catering or special event, adhering to department expectations. Sets up, stock and maintains resident coffee area. Assures that all meals are attractive and delicious, if not, advises cook and gets something servable. Inspects all glasses and silverware for spots and rewashes as necessary in dish machine or pots and pans sinks. Performs tasks in a timely, efficient manner. Works to maintain a team environment. Reports any equipment problems to Executive Chef and or Maintenance department.
- Maintains a clean, sanitized and attractive work area, small wares storage areas, dining room. Stocks and maintains par levels of food and non-food items. Ensures all foods are properly stored according to department expectations.
- Maintains a weekly cleaning/sanitizing sheet. Assists the baker with dinner desserts and breads. Assists the Executive Chef and Sous Chef with inventory and purchase of product. Any project assigned by Food Service Supervisor, Executive Chef or Sous Chef.
Bozeman Deaconess Hospital - 14 months ago