1. Leads and performs financial and operational audits and special projects along with resolving complex business issues.
2. Develops audit programs based upon assessed risks, internal controls, bank policy/procedures and applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
3. Prepares formal reports of audit results for distribution to Bank management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
4. Conducts risk assessment activities including scope surveys, risk assessment matrices and flowcharts of key controls.
5. Works with outside consultants and external audit providers in performing audit projects.
6. Assists in the development of less experienced staff.
7. Performs related responsibilities as required or assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS :
· Excellent knowledge of generally accepted accounting standards, internal audit principles and report writing techniques.
· Proficient in MS Office Suite and electronic workpapers.
· Strong oral and written communication skills in order to work well with all levels of the organization.
· Good analytical skills
· Able to work independently and be able to grasp new concepts quickly, troubleshoot problems, multi-task and prioritize projects.
· Bachelor’s Degree, preferably accounting, finance or other business related discipline and five plus years internal audit experience including at least two years of financial institution experience or eleven plus years equivalent work experience in internal audit.
· Preferred - CPA, CIA, CFSA, CFE or Master’s degree