The Parts Coordinator is responsible for locating, ordering, receiving and verifying parts. Incorrect or damaged parts are returned to the vendor and credits for the returns monitored by this position. The Parts Coordinator uses the parts carts to efficiently swap out old parts with new and keep the work area organized. All work is performed with the goal of expediting all repairs requiring parts and keeping the cycle time as low as possible.
Parts Identification & Ordering : Sources vendors and orders parts with a constant sense of urgency, with a goal of all parts for drivable vehicles being ordered & delivered within 24 hours, and within two days for non-drivable vehicles. Follows ABRA policy on preferred vendors and price matching.
Parts Receiving & Verification : Inspects all parts for damage and correctness within two hours of receipt and labels all parts. Swaps out new parts with old parts on parts carts. Verifies the cost and discounts are correct and posts invoices to the management system.
Parts Returns & Credits : Returns incorrect or defective parts and reorders, updating the management system. Ensures that credits are processed accurately and promptly.
Team Engagement & Problem Solving : Is an active and prepared participant at the morning board meeting, discussing all repair orders for which 100% of the parts have not been received and providing an estimated time of arrival. Engages other team members and corporate resources as needed in problem solving to locate hard-to-find parts.
Organized & Safe Workplace : Maintains his/her workspace in an organized manner, and keeps the parts carts organized and in the right location. Adheres to ABRA dress code and wears appropriate safety equipment.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
- Knowledge of auto body parts and the ordering process.
- Experience working with multiple vendors and locating new sources.
- Demonstrated computer/software proficiency, preferably with estimating systems.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and detail orientation.
- Predictable and reliable attendance required.
- Periodic lifting and carrying objects over 50 pounds.
- Reaching above and below shoulder level.
- Able to push materials/parts carts and push cars (with assistance).
- Extended periods of data entry.
- Extended periods of kneeling, bending, squatting and stooping to complete or inspect repairs.
- May be required to inspect vehicles outdoors in inclement weather.
- May be exposed to fumes, chemicals, high levels of dust and noise in repair center.
ABRA Auto Body & Glass - 2 years ago
ABRA Auto Body & Glass offers more than just an incantation to get your wrecked car back on the road. Through more than 105...