Are you a designer who dreams of unlimited access to your users? Love designing for multiple platforms and form factors? How about leveraging design to have very significant and highly visible business impact? Then our new User Experience team within Amazon Fulfillment Technologies (AFT) is the place for you to shine.
AFT is seeking a talented, passionate Senior User Experience Designer to join our growing User Experience team. This position will have a significant impact on our business as you take a leadership role in setting the creative direction for AFT's new worldwide collection of web-based products and services. You will work collaboratively with web developers, domain experts, users, executives, and other designers--leading design throughout the planning and development lifecycle for a multitude of unique and different interfaces.
- Plan and propose innovative solutions for a wide variety of user experience challenges including, but not limited to: mobile, desktop, 10-foot user interfaces, hardware interfaces on non-portable devices, and even physical environments.
- Lead the design of useful, usable, and desirable systems, products and services for our world-wide Fulfillment Center employees. This includes work closely with web-developers and engineers to realize the design.
- Drive user research activities enabling AFT to build a deep and rich understand of our users.
- Use user data, analytics and business requirements to assist in developing use stories and high-level requirements.
- Provide art direct and/or define the visual language for AFT web and software applications.
- Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications.
- Present design work to the user experience team, product team, and AFT executives for review and feedback.
- Contribute to the User Experience group’s shared knowledge of user-centered design and research methodologies.
- 6+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role.
- A portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered design solutions.
- Experience designing for a variety of form factors including: mobile, desktop, 10-foot user interfaces and hardware interfaces on non-portable devices.
- Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups and style guides.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and storytelling skills.
- Experience working in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs.
- Experience with schedule management.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or 6+ years equivalent professional experience.
- Experience with a variety of design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, Visio, and Dreamweaver.
- Ability to create illustrations and visual images to communicate complex systems.
- Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, user interviews, contextual inquiry) is a strong plus.
- Experience in a highly agile environment.
- Desire to work in a start-up style environment, where iteration is encouraged.
Amazon.com - 2 years ago
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...