Engineering Intern, Hach, Ames, IA
• HACH COMPANY (www.hach.com) is a world leader in the manufacture and distribution of analytical instruments, test kits and reagents for testing the quality of water, aqueous solutions and air.
• Products are used in wastewater, drinking water, industrial water, environmental water.
• Our products are designed specifically for quality, accuracy, and simplicity.
• Hach is part of Danaher family of companies allowing our associates an array of opportunities. Danaher is a $17 Billion global company with over 60,000 employees.
• Shared core values include continuous improvement (lean manufacturing), innovation, internal and external customer service.
• Strengthened by our sister companies in the environmental industry worldwide, our goal for the future is to continue to provide customers with reliable instrumentation, accurately prepared reagents, proven methods, simplified procedures and outstanding technical support.
• We offer an environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented.
• As a recognized global leader in the industry, we have enjoyed strong, consistent growth year over year.
• Working at Hach will provide you the opportunity for robust career development.
The primary role of this position is to drive development and continuous improvements in the
Operations group. The Engineering Intern develops improvements oriented at improving quality, reliability and lower total costs.
• Develop and implement technologies, methods and techniques.
• Specifies and selects equipment.
• Coordinate the implementation of changes.
• Designs jigs, guards, and fixtures to aid associates.
• Provide consultation to other teams.
• Resolve problems.
• Provide training to associates.
Other Non Essential Functions:
• Other duties as assigned.
Education, Background and Skill Requirements
• Minimum of Junior in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Agricultural Engineering or Industrial Technology.
• Previous experience in manufacturing process environment preferred.
• Good computer skills.
• Combination of office skills and hands-on activities
• Designs, manufactures, and markets professional, medical, industrial, and consumer products, which all generate approximately $17 Billion in revenue.
• Danaher’s business activities encompass four reporting segments and are comprised of six strategic platforms: Medical Technologies, Professional Instrumentation (Environmental, Electronic Test), Industrial Technologies (Motion, Product ID, and Focused Niche Businesses) and Tools & Components (Mechanic’s Hand Tools).
• Danaher operates globally with about 50% of its revenues derived from outside the United States.
• The Company has significant operating businesses headquartered in Europe and has greatly expanded its operating presence in Asia over the past several years.
• Danaher is a well-capitalized business, which has historically used available cash flow to fund acquisition activity.
• Culturally, the company operates in a highly de-centralized model with an extremely lean corporate structure. Danaher has a proven system for achieving performance: the Danaher Business System (DBS).
• It drives every aspect of the group’s culture and performance. DBS is a system of continuous improvement and is used to guide and measure everyday activities, which has enabled it to double in size about every 5 years with impressive financial performance.
North America-United States-IA-Ames
Danaher is a well-diversified industrial and medical conglomerate whose products test, analyze, and diagnose. Its subsidiaries design,...