HOUR - Pipeline Operator III (Anchorage)
Tesoro Corporation, headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, is a Fortune 150 and Global 500 company. As a leading independent refiner and marketer of petroleum products, through our subsidiaries operate seven refineries, more than 1,200 branded retail stations, and employ approximately 5,500 employees.
Tesoro Logistics LP is a growth-oriented partnership formed to own, operate, develop and acquire crude oil and refined products logistics assets. Our logistics assets are integral to the success of Tesoro Corporation's refining and marketing operations and are used to gather, transport and store crude oil and to distribute, transport and store refined products. Our initial assets consist of a crude oil gathering system, refined products terminals, a crude oil and refined products storage facility and related short-haul pipelines.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of honesty and integrity; respect and trust; commitment to excellence; creative and entrepreneurial spirit; teamwork; and safety and environmental stewardship.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Reporting to the Superintendent, Anchorage Pipeline and Terminals, the Pipeline Operator is responsible for the safe, efficient operation of the Tesoro Alaska Pipeline receiving station at Anchorage, Alaska. This Operator monitors the pipeline control board and performs the physical switching of valves at the delivery manifold to direct flow to the proper customer. This position works alone on rotating shifts with complete responsibility for the safe operation of the Pipeline while on shift and records product flow through the Pipeline, makes timely valve switches to insure quality control of petroleum products, and makes minor routine repairs to meters and valves.
The pipeline operators work a 7 day on, 7 day off schedule working 12 hour shifts, switching from day shift to night shifts every two weeks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain hourly records accounting for product movements within the Pipeline.
- Notify Pipeline customers as to the time of arrival of their petroleum products.
- Perform timely Pipeline switches requiring opening and shutting of valves by hand.
- Maintain building and grounds in a clean orderly manner, including janitorial work within the building, plus outside work consisting of painting, weed control, snow removal, etc.
- Maintain alertness for any emergency, such as a valve being closed against the Pipeline requiring immediate shutdown of the Pipeline.
- Conduct periodic proving procedures of the Pipeline metering system.
- Train in Pipeline emergency response procedures as outlined in the Pipeline Operations Manual and Oil Discharge Prevention and Contingency Plan.
- Obtain product samples and perform gravity conversions.
- Develop familiarity with the Pipeline route, mainline valves, and rectifiers.
- Remove pipeline internal cleaning devices (PIGS).
- Gain thorough knowledge of safe operating practices of the Pipeline through review of applicable procedures.
- A high level of responsibility for the safety of others and the Pipeline.
- Demonstrate proper work methods, safe attitude, and use of materials and equipment with moderate supervision.
- Interface with Pipeline, Terminal, Refinery and other departments as required or requested.
- Frequent contact with Pipeline customers regarding product schedules.
Candidates considered for this position MUST have a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of two years of related experience in pipeline operations and/or a petroleum related field and meet the following qualifications:
- Must demonstrate a high level of mental alertness and energy, and constant awareness of surroundings at all times.
- Must be in good physical condition, have correctable 20/20 vision and normal hearing.
- Moderate level of physical effort must be demonstrated on a continuous basis, lifting, walking, climbing and pushing/pulling required.
- Must have current Alaska Driver's License and the ability to drive company-controlled vehicles.
- Must have or be able to obtain TWIC card.
- Must pass background check, pre-employment drug test and participate in random drug testing program.
- Employees in this position must be operator qualified (OQ) under DOT and PHMSA regulations.
Tesoro Corporation - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard