Vivint Solar Journeyman Electrician - Kauai
Vivint Solar's Journeyman Electrician position makes for a great full-time job for those living on Kauai. This position requires a current Hawaii Journeyman license. Employees in this job perform and oversee a variety of electrical installation duties including:
- Leading the installation of electrical systems that interconnect our solar array to the grid power of our customer’s residential property.
- Ensuring work performed by all electricians is of good workmanship and compliant with current NEC and local codes.
- Troubleshooting system problems and resolving electrical issues.
- Working with operations manager and home owners to fulfill any necessary system upgrades/repairs to support our Solar equipment.
- Work with local inspectors to satisfy local requirements and expectations.
- Interface with Electrical Manager to ensure compliance with ratios and continuing education requirements
- Must possess a current and valid Journeyman License.
- Strong interpersonal/human relations skills.
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to read and interpret one line & CAD drawings.
- Able to perform advanced electrical calculations.
- Knowledge of 2011 NEC and ability to navigate it.
- Understanding of wire and conduit sizing and how to make adjustments for environmental factors
- Must be willing to work in high places. Our installations are on rooftops, and subsequently, you will be on them!
- Willing to work with and develop apprentices. You will facilitate their success.
- Willing to perform work as directed in high pressure situations.
- Must have a clean and valid driver's license, and be able to pass a drug test and background check.
Vivint, an equal opportunity employer, does not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring—under federal, state and local laws.
- Must possess a valid and current Journeyman (or ESJ) License.
- Minimum 4 years of electrical installation and repair experience.
- Experience reading and interpreting one line drawings and electrical schematics.
- Must have working knowledge and experience replacing residential electrical services and distribution panels.