CBS Interactive, a division of CBS Corporation, is the premier online content network for information and entertainment. Its portfolio of leading brands, which include CNET, CBS.com, CBSSports.com, GameSpot, TV.com, BNET, and Last.fm span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news, and business. With more than 150 million people visiting its properties each month, CBS Interactive is a top 10 web property globally.
Responsible for building/maintaining territory ad revenue and when possible exceeding goals through creative and strategic selling. Work with existing and potential clients to determine their business needs and formulate an ad sales solution. Candidates must have strong oral and written communication skills. Attend industry trade shows and local events to meet clients and develop contacts. Successful candidates will also demonstrate a willingness to take charge and work forcefully to achieve results, despite obstacles. Proactively communicate account and sales information to both sales management and sales team.
As team members, the best candidates will thrive in an environment that emphasizes teamwork through development and cooperative relationships, exchanging ideas, and a willingness to resolve all conflicts with quick communication. The Account Executive will conduct a regular analysis of territory including accurate revenue forecasts and complete regular call reports to update sales management on account activity.
- Maximize territory ad revenue
- Manage existing relationships with gaming accounts and ad agencies (Los Angeles/Southwest Territory)
- Seeking out and developing strategic relationships with decision makers and working directly with clients and their ad agencies to develop custom media programs to suit their specific needs.
- Managing a territory quota, setting goals and working with management and marketing to strategize on new business opportunities and creative approaches to RFPs
- Setting territory sales agenda including prioritizing and organizing sales calls for maximum dollars and managing T&E
- Establish in person relationships with clients by conducting high volume of face-to-face calls
- Attend industry trade shows and local events to meet clients and cultivate relationships
- Proactively communicate account and sales information to management and other team members through regular call reports
- Manage the relationship with a dedicated Account Manager and Ad Coordinator to distribute workload and optimize efficiency of territory Required Skills/Experience - Sales professional with an entrepreneurial spirit who thrives in a team, goal oriented environment
- 5-7 years proven advertising sales experience with 3-5 years in the interactive space. A focus and/or background with entertainment or gaming categories are ideal.
- Contacts and relationships at key accounts and agencies
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Well developed presentation skills
- BS/BA degree, or equivalent training and experience
- Must successfully pass a background check.
CBS Corporation - 16 months ago
Monarch Seafood Inc
Jersey City, NJ
- 11 days ago
Easily apply to this job
Assistant to Director of Sale
New York, NY
New York Foundation for the Arts
- 4 hours ago
- 1 day ago
The forensic evidence shows this company is tops in the TV ratings. CBS Broadcasting owns and operates the CBS Television Network, the #1 wa...