Systems Integration Advisor
This is a home based/remote position in the Greater New York Area
The Dell Global Services Delivery team Systems Integration Advisor is a regionally based systems integration specialist who primarily supports the implementation, integration, and deployment of Enterprise class storage products within customer’s Mission Critical environments. This role is responsible for on-site integration, installation, implementation, maintenance and repair of Dell Compellent Storage Arrays, Dell EQL Storage Arrays, Dell PowerVault Storage, Dell PowerEdge solutions, Force10, PowerConnect and other similar Multi-Vendor Solutions. The candidate for this position should be an experienced customer facing professional with hands-on experience across multiple SAN, storage, switching, operating systems, and software platforms.
This position will be remote based, meaning you will work onsite at our client sites nationwide. When not at a client site, you will work from your home office. The candidate should live in the metro area or commutable region of the market supported and have quick access to a major airport. Up to 75% travel to client sites as needed, will be required.
Candidate will demonstrate the ability to establish strong customer relationships, act as the customer’s trusted technical advisor, while exhibiting a superior consultative approach.
Identify, define, and establish technical best practices. Lead and/or acts as a team member on strategic organizational projects. Help establish strong relationships with partners, vendors, and sales.
- Responsible for the successful deployment of Enterprise hardware and software projects within the customer’s environment.
- Experience and expertise across SANs, Networks, and multiple Operating Systems.
- While not actively engaged on jobs, candidate will provide support for other delivery functions such as:
- Demonstrate ownership and the ability to drive issues to resolution.
- Stay current with evolving technology trends.
- Heterogeneous SAN/NAS deployments
- SAN Maintenance and Upgrades (heterogeneous, layered apps)
- Switch add/zoning expertise
- Knowledge and understanding of Networking technologies and concepts
- Data migration, replication, tools and methodologies
- Backup production readiness experience (e.g. CommVault, NetBackup, Backup Exec)
- Escalated break/fix troubleshooting
About Dell Inc.:
- Expertise in SAN, Windows, Linux, VMware, Force10, Cisco, Juniper, Brocade, iSCSI, networking and Backup Technologies
- Experience with Data Migration, Replication, methodologies and tools
- Ability to travel to customer locations
- Ability to work in a flexible schedule and react to business needs 24x7
- Physically able to lift and move Enterprise hardware in our customer environments
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Capable of effectively articulating Dell service value proposition to customers
- Provide leadership during "critical situations" and demonstrate poise and professionalism
- MCP, MCSE, RHCE/T, VCP, BCFP, and Cisco or other Networking certifications are a plus
- 4+ years of related industry experience with Bachelor's Degree
Want to work in an environment where each day is focused on delivering solutions that make a real difference in people’s lives?
Where teams are constantly curious and different perspectives and experiences are valued?
At Dell, we believe technology is essential for human success and that it should be accessible to everyone. We are constantly evolving to better serve our customers, seize new opportunities and drive growth. Together we can change the world. Come join us.
For more information, visit us on the web at http://www.dell.com/.
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...