Kennedy Space Center
TDC Government Solutions, a division of Tech USA, LLC recognizes that our employees are our most valued asset. We are looking for a seasoned, team oriented, quality minded, and motivated Database Administrator to join our team at Kennedy Space Center.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems with SQLServer Databases, related application software (COTS and or custom applications), as well as operating system software and hardware as it relates to SQLServer.
- Assist with building/deploying new Database Systems, including recommending hardware/software configurations, and researching vendor documentation to resolve problems.
- Maintain inventory of Microsoft SQLServer software.
- Research, plan, and install SQLServer patches as required.
- Install/Upgrade SQLServer Software, both client and server, as required.
- Support weekly Change Request deployments as required.
- Monitor database performance, usage, growth, and error logs, and recommend/take action as needed.
- Assist developers with assorted database issues including SQL optimization, batch job creation, and troubleshooting.
- Predict future trends for database/hardware usage and user workload.
- Determine feasibility of desired customer requirements in view of current systems and equipment.
- Obtain detailed specifications from users to determine specific output requirements.
- Determine detailed steps involved in troubleshooting and resolving customer issues.
- Work within assigned area of responsibility, participating in work group efforts.
- Provide guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Comply with Federal, State, local, NASA, and Air Force, laws and regulations and requirements and KSC/CCAFS energy management conservation regulations, collective bargaining agreements, security, safety, hurricane and other specialized programs or contractual requirements relating to the business of this branch, working within the limits of established policy.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education/experience plus 3 or more years of hands-on experience as a SQLServer Database Administrator using SQLServer 2005 and/or 2008.
Experience in Windows Advanced Server 2003/2008 Administration a plus.
Must possess the ability to work in a diverse customer service environment.
Must have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills and have the ability to work within a team environment.
Excellent listening, analytical skills, and troubleshooting skills are essential, along with the ability to remain calm under pressure while working in a focused manner.
Position duties will require candidates to lift and carry heavy objects (up to 30lbs).
Experience with SQLServer Reporting Services, SQLServer Analysis Services, Data Cubes, Replication, Mirroring, SSIS Packages, SQLServer 2008, Microsoft Cluster Server, MySQL, or Postgres SQL a plus.
About Tech USA:
TDC Government Solutions, a division of Tech USA, LLC started over a decade ago with a dedicated team providing subcontracting services to industry partners supporting the Federal community. TDC Government Solutions has hundreds of employees supporting a wide range of Intelligence, Defense, and other Government programs in the Washington DC business corridor, as well as, throughout the United States and overseas. We are actively seeking qualified future employees throughout the nation. Please see a list of our current open positions; however, not all of our positions are listed so don’t forget to submit your resume and request a consultation with one of our Government recruiting specialists to explore your opportunities further.
At Tech USA we understand that next to your family, your career is one of the most important aspects to a happy and fulfilling life. This is why we take the time to truly understand and get to know our candidates, so we can then pair them with the right job, not just any job. As a result, Tech USA is known throughout the industry for quality, reliability and the highest satisfaction from both our clients as well as the candidates that we represent. Contact a local Tech USA representative today and learn about the many opportunities we may have available for you. Tech USA is an equal opportunity employer.
TechUSA - 2 years ago