JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following sets forth the primary responsibilities of this job, but is not an exhaustive list. The Bank, through its managers and supervisors, reserves the right to assign any additional duties necessary to meet the needs of our customers, associates and/or shareholders.
1. Delivers quality customer service by greeting and responding to customers promptly and courteously.
2. Explains, promotes or sells bank products and services such as checking and savings accounts, certificates of deposit and internet banking.
3. Receives checks and cash for deposit, verifies amount and examines checks for endorsement
4. Cashes checks and pays out monies after verification of signatures and customer balances.
5. Enters customer’s transactions into computer to record transaction and issues computer generated receipt.
6. Place holds on deposits for uncollected funds.
7. Balances currency, coin and checks in cash drawer at end of shift and compares totaled amounts with data displayed on computer screen and teller tape.
8. Responsible for adherence to bank’s operational compliance and security policies and applicable state and federal laws.
9. Interacts with others (co-workers, management, clients, and vendors) in a professional and tactful manner including treating them with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
EDUCATIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
Required: This position requires the following educational and/or job experience:
- Successful candidates will have a minimum of 1 year cash handling experience.
- Position also requires strong customer service skills.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: The following is intended to give an overview of the requirements of the position, but is not an exhaustive list.
- Prior teller experience is a plus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The following is intended to give an overview of the work environment of the position, but is not an exhaustive list.
- Effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; demonstrated ability to speak effectively to internal and external clients.
- Computer proficiency including strong working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Standing for extended periods of time (typically no longer than 8 hours).
- Must be able to work at a rapid pace for long periods of time (typically no longer than 8 hours).
- Must be able to push, pull, pull up, bend at the knees and waist, twist body at the waist, raise and hold arms overhead, turn head-neck-shoulders as needed, grasp and hold tools and other items with hands, for either extended periods of time or many times throughout the workday.
Bank Midwest is a leading community banking franchise, headquartered in Kansas City, MO. We serve clients throughout Missouri and Kansas by...