- Provides friendly service to and maintains positive relationships with all internal and external Customers.
- Works in a cooperative spirit to ensure the success of our Company.
- Acts as primary point of contact for all Mechanical discrepancies that may affect the daily Operation.
- Provides Leadership to highly skilled technical personnel.
- Coordinates with Dispatch, Flight Crew, Production Foreman, Planning, and the Materials Department to maintain a flight schedule and ensure aircraft are maintained in accordance with procedures in the Southwest Airlines Maintenance Procedures Manual.
- Communicates directly with Flight Crew, SWA Mx, or Contract Mx vendors to determine if discrepancies are eligible for deferral utilizing the approved MEL/CDL guidelines.
- Initiate tracking numbers for all MELs and CDLs, and for other Time Limited repairs or deferred maintenance items.
- Coordinate with the MX Planning Department to ensure all discrepancies with an assigned tracking number are corrected in a timely manner and prior to reaching associated time limit.
- Make recommendations for corrective action of discrepancies based on aircraft service history analysis, applicable MM guidance, and Operator experience.
- Coordinate with Contract Maintenance to work aircraft discrepancies discovered at Stations where SWA MX is not present.
- Ensure appropriate references are provided and that work performed is properly documented.
- Initiate, prepare, and inform Quality Control of any MEL escalation that may exceed the MEL time limits.
- Record all major mechanical delays and cancellations and reasons for such.
- Comply with whatever directives are set forth from time to time by the Manager of Maintenance Operations or the Director of Maintenance Operations.
- Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee's Leaders.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- College degree or some college preferred.
- Minimum 5 years maintenance experience on large commercial aircraft - Boeing experience preferred.
- 2 Years of line maintenance experience preferred.
- Prior Maintenance Control experience is a plus.
- Leadership experience preferred.
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
- Must be able to work well with others as part of a Team.
- Proficient in MEL and CDL procedures.
- A thorough knowledge and operating background of aircraft systems.
- Proficient in the use of maintenance reference material including Manufacturer's Maintenance Manuals, Structural Repair Manuals, Illustrated Parts Catalogs, etc.
- Must have excellent communication and verbal skills.
- Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
Southwest Airlines - 20 months ago
Southwest Airlines Co. (Southwest) is a passenger airline that provides scheduled air transportation in the United States. As of December...