Position: Product Engineer
Location: Traverse City, Michigan
Flextech Solutions is an automotive electronic test equipment manufacturer located in Northern Michigan. We are a Tier 1 and Tier 2 supplier to major automotive OEM manufacturers. Flextech Solutions is seeking a highly motivated individual for the position of Product Engineer. This is a hands-on position where the selected candidate will be building test equipment to design specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Additional duties may be assigned as required)
- Team Lead to handle major OEM automotive manufacturer accounts.
- Direct interaction with customers
- Diagnostic and troubleshooting ability for mechanical and electrical systems.
- Mechanical and electrical assembly of custom test equipment.
- Must have experience in automotive electrical 12 volts systems
- Proficient in Automotive Diagnostic networks such as CAN and J1850
- Chrysler Automotive experience preferred.
- Must be able to occasionally travel as necessary for work (typically to Metro Detroit)
- Must be a consummate professional at all times.
- Work in accordance with specifications and deliver product according to documented standards.
- Soldering – hand wired, through hole PCB, and some SMT PCB.
- Excellent motor skills for precise assembly.
- Ability to manage bill of materials
- Able to keep private and confidential information.
- Able to promptly respond to inquiries via email, telephone and other electronic communications.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize and resolve multiple issues at once or in order of priority
- Able to work with a sense of urgency when necessary
- Able to troubleshoot complex hardware and software issues
- Able to work overtime if required
- Strong PC skills in Microsoft Suites
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty with speed and efficiency. The requirements listed below are representative of the requirements in our environment today, but this list will change and grow:
Education and / or Experience
- High School Diploma (required)
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree (required)
- Automotive Technology experience (required)
- Chrysler Automotive Experience (preferred)
- AutoCAD experience (preferred)
- Strong passion for automotive technology and electronics technology.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands for fine detail work. The employee will also perform moderate lifting up to 50 lbs.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. The work environment may be in either an office setting, a shop setting or at a third party location. Our labs and offices are climate controlled professional working environments.
- Salary or hourly wage determined based on experience and education
- Flextech pays 50% of insurance premiums for Employee’s medical
- Simple IRA company match, up to 3%
- 40 hours of paid vacation for years 1 - 3
- 80 hours of paid vacation for years 3 -6
- Raises are performance based
- On and off site training