Mental Health Therapist positions in our Alameda County In Home Crisis Stabilization and Therapeutic Behavioral Services programs open. Therapist will provide community based, intensive services, including individual and family therapy.
We have developed a solution focused, strengths based approach to working on high risk behaviors with clients and families in their homes, as the behaviors occur, to help coach them in practicing their new skills with one another. We look for objects, actions, or thoughts that they can use to self soothe instead of repeating their problematic behaviors. We analyze their behaviors as a form of communication when we do our functional analysis and interpret their behaviors as a way of getting more of something (attention) or avoiding something (social anxiety or limit setting). We will create a safety plan that includes the clients and their caregivers with concrete strategies on what to do to de-escalate conflicts in the home. We use cognitive behavioral approaches; teach parents use of positive reinforcement and natural consequences; creative therapy interventions; filial therapy approaches; and trauma focused family interventions.
- MSW or MA in counseling from an accredited college or university.
- Registered intern with the CA BBS.
- License preferred.
- At least one year post-graduate experience in clinical work with at-risk youth preferred.
- Good driving record and current CA driver's license required.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative treatment team.
- Must be available flexible hours including, evenings and weekends.
Please apply to this link: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=603347
SocialService.com - 5 months ago