Posting Title |
Agronomy Sales Representative
REP SALES AGRONOMY - CO
301 W. Main
CHS/ Northern Plains Coop has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Division! We are looking for highly motivated self starter to join our growing agriculture organization. You will be an Agronomy Sales Representative , working with farmers, ranchers, and producers. You will promote the proper use of crop protection products, plant food, seed and other services offered at the cooperative to area producers by making on-the-farm sales presentations.
- Create and recommend specific agronomy programs to targeted accounts with the goal of increasing agronomy business.
- Spend a majority of time in the country working with farmers to earn business.
- Utilize seed, Precision Farming technology, finance, and other marketing tools to grow market share.
- Understand the business functions of the employee team and assists the team in improving the efficiency and profitability of the location(s) assigned.
- Coordinate with custom applicators and tanks on the spreading, spraying, and delivery of bulk fertilizer to assure the cost effective use of equipment.
- Establish and maintain effective public relations through customer education and the promotion of new products.
- Ensure that federal and state regulations pertaining to chemicals and fertilizers are observed and adhered to.
- Work with patrons in a courteous and professional manner.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 4 year degree in Agronomy, Ag Econ, Ag Business, Ag Ed, Ag engineering, Soil or Weed Science. (Related job experience may substitute for education.)
- Must be willing and able to work extended hours in-season
- Has a good mathematical aptitude and is able to formulate fertilizer applications.
- Strong knowledge of agronomy and ability to provide cost effective services for co-op patrons.
- 1-3 years additional experience in the following areas:
- Agro nomy/seed experience, OR Scouting/intern experience, OR Plant worker experience, OR Agricultural background
- Experience spraying chemicals
CHS offers a Competitive Salary. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS is a diversified Fortune 100 company providing essential grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers. CHS is a cooperative system owned by farmers, ranchers and their local cooperatives from the Great Lakes to the Pacific Northwest and from the Canadian border to Texas. CHS is an EEO employer.
CHS Inc. - 23 months ago
CHS Inc. is the nation’s leading cooperative, owned by farmers, ranchers and co-ops across the United States. A diversified global...