JOB OBJECTIVE: Assist planners in manufacturing planning and scheduling, coordinating and/or final approval of assigned products through the production cycle. Helps in coordinating or initiates production plans to ensure materials are provided according to schedules to maintain production and provide input to management. As requested, interfaces with Customer Service, Marketing, Production, Quality Assurance, Sales, Purchasing, Shipping, Receiving, Finance and Accounting, and Vendors to review order status, prioritize production orders and other planning issues. Works on problems of a diverse scope where analysis of situation or data is required. Exercises judgment within generally defined policies and methods in obtaining a solution.
1. Assists in determining the quantity and due date for assigned materials needed to meet the Master Production Schedule.
2. Helps in the coordination or initiatation of the the release of production orders or purchase requisitions as appropriate for assigned items.
3. Evaluate and monitor production capacity in assigned production areas to insure schedules can be met.
4. Assists in evaluating planning parameters to ensure accuracy and that they provide the optimal balance of inventory value, customer service and unit cost.
5. Interface with Production, Customer Service, Quality Assurance, Receiving, Shipping, Purchasing, Finance and Accounting, Sales, and Vendors to communicate or coordinate order status and other materials issues.
6. Create, record or maintain Production Planning and Inventory Control records as required or requested.
7. Prepare Production Planning and Inventory Control reports/queries as requested.
8. Represent Materials Management in meetings as required or assigned.
9. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Assist in writing and maintaining SOP's for job duties.
2. Provide back up for departmental coworkers.
3. Perform and/or coordinate the physical counting of items.
1. University Junior or Senior status for BBA in Production Operations Management
1. Production Planning and inventory Control experience working with an ERP System.
2. Working towards APICS certification.
3. Strong interpersonal and communication skill.
1. Manual dexterity and sensory faculties to read and key handwritten and printed data for 4+ hours per day.
Promega Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.