Hunter Roberts is currently seeking an Assistant Project Manager to join our New York business unit. We are considering local applicants only (no relocation benefits offered).
The Assistant Project Manager reports to the Project Manager and provides overall support to the Project Management Team. The Assistant Project Manager facilitates the planning and coordinating of activities of an assigned project to ensure that the goals and objectives of the project are accomplished within the prescribed time frame, funding parameters and to the highest level of quality.
Summary of essential job functions
- Assist the Project Manager with equipment and supply scheduling, delivery, and distribution activities
- Organize, track, and maintain project related files, drawings, materials, and correspondence; such as, Contract Items, Subcontractor PCIs/Change Orders, RFIs and field inspections, etc, as related to Primary Structural Trades
- Deliver accurate and timely project status updates throughout all project phases ; Report potential problems, work interferences, and scheduling difficulties to the Project Manager and assist in circumventing/resolving such problems
- Regularly provide project reports, documentation, technical assistance, support, and collaboration; including but not limited to Budget Reports, GC Monitor, and MPPR
- Track project expenditures and cost accounting, including accuracy, approvals, and payment reporting through CMiC software tools
- Oversee and/or process day-to-day administrative items (i.e. expense reports, supply requisitions, budgets)
- Monitor project site access and coordinate badge requirements
- Attend and participate in weekly construction meetings at project site location, assist Project Manager with meeting Minutes as needed
- Foster effective and positive business relationships with all parties throughout project phases
- Demonstrate the principles of the Corporate Safety Program at all times and assist Project Manager in ensuring project safety is managed effectively, proactively and consistently
- Perform other duties as required.
Educational and requirements include: Engineering, Construction Management or related Bachelors degree, or unrelated Bachelors degree plus a minimum of two years Construction Management experience.
LEED, OSHA 10/30/40, ASHE applicants preferred.
Superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essential both within the internal project team and externally with subcontractors, etc.
Ability to work with and have knowledge of the shop drawing submittal process
Able to read and comprehend building plans and specifications and able to comprehend and recognize safety standards and issues
Hunter Roberts Construction Group - 23 months ago