Do you have a track record of solid delivery, and are looking for your next big challenge? Do you crave the excitement of complex technical problems and delivering innovative solutions on a global scale? The Global Financial Systems team is looking for a project manager to play a key role in managing projects and extending applications used at Amazon.com.
In this role you will be provided the opportunity to establish best in class project management processes that will allow organization to scale and support multiple programs. You will work on success metrics for programs and measures of growth and business vitals. You will be responsible for solutions and projects involving multiple applications within the Oracle e-Business suite, Business Intelligence and Amazon.com custom financial applications. Core activities will include detailed planning, reporting project status, proactive recognition and resolution of issues across teams, and hands-on project guidance to ensure completion of assigned projects. You will work closely with stakeholders, technical leaders and product teams around the world to further define, develop and deliver e-Business suite and Amazon proprietary solutions.
The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading technical projects, have a well-rounded background in current web technologies and in service oriented architecture. Oracle e-Business suite background is preferred however not mandatory. You must be able to thrive and succeed in a fast paced environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or multiple competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected.
Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent, and leadership are essential to success in this role.
- 7+ years of Oracle e-Business Suite Financials Experience
- 3+ years of leadership experience (module lead, track lead) in Oracle EBS projects
- A bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience managing efforts in Oracle e-business suite financials modules.
- Experience with projects involving integration of multiple corporate applications.
- Experience prioritizing competing demands, scoping efforts with limited information and negotiating timelines with stakeholders.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
This individual will be responsible for all aspects of project management (managing, planning, organizing, scheduling, tracking of projects from initiation & planning, execution and delivery) across many teams within Amazon
- This individual will be responsible for tracking the status and health of financial projects and programs
- Engage and manage technical teams during the diligence and integration phases to ensure timely delivery of all aspects of projects by gaining knowledge and understanding of the business goals for each acquisition
- Establish metrics and measures of business vitals for specific business processes and systems supporting them
- Establish, improve, and champion the use of formal project management tools and techniques across all assignments, in the areas of:
- Project and process plans
- Regular status reports for multiple projects
- Development and maintenance of accurate master schedules
- Creative and effective risk management, change management
- Management of issues and action items, tracking to timely resolution
- Successfully manage project expectations and clarify roles and responsibilities when needed
- Ensure a strong, team-oriented working relationship with all stakeholders
- Must be able to work independently with limited general supervision.
- Proactive and display energy and initiative in solving problems. Follow all possible avenues to get the job done.
- Adaptable and undertake a variety of tasks willingly.
- Ability to switch from complex to routine tasks when required. Adapt quickly to new technologies and products. Work effectively with a variety of personalities and work styles.
- Quality and demonstrate appropriate quality and thoroughness in your work.
- Decisive and ability to make decisions quickly when faced with multiple options. Ability to influence others in decided course of action.
- Integrity and act with personal integrity at all times.
- Professional and work within your teams processes. Confront problems, propose solutions and take ownership through to resolution or ensure a clear hand-off. Have a positive can-do approach to work.
Amazon.com - 2 years ago
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...