Purpose of Job:
The Certified Head Athletic trainer prevents, examines and treats athlete’s injuries. They also help provide therapy to athlete’s who are recovering from injuries to rebuild strength and avoid further injury.
Scope of Responsibilities:
The Certified Head Athletic Trainer is the liaison between the student athletic, the medical doctors, or their support staffs and the medical assistant.
• BS degree (Master’s preferred) in Athletic Training, Sports Medicine or related
Licensing and Certifications
• CPR, First Aid, AED Certification or ability to achieve these certifications within 30 days of employment
• Valid Driver’s License
• Computer knowledge (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
Essential Job Functions
• This position is responsible for planning , developing and implementing the athletic training program which includes preventing, assessing, rehabilitating and treating all injuries that the student-athletes may acquire while playing for any of the 15 sports (200 + student-athletes).
• This position also requires running a proper health care facility with the proper working equipment, materials and supplies needed to comply with NATA standards.
Licensing and Certifications:
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Candidates should demonstrate strong leadership and managerial skills
• Candidates should be able to work in a professional environment
• Candidates should be able to interact effectively with diverse populations; the capacity to work independently, and as part of a team
• Candidates should demonstrate a commitment to the education of athletic training students
• Candidates need to have strong written and oral communication skills; and a commitment to continuing education
InsideHigherEd.com - 10 months ago