Exciting new opportunity in the Downtown Chicago area for a Junior Accountant to head up a national Property Development Firm.
Junior Accountant Requirements:
- Previous accounting internship or light experience; some experience with G/L journal entries, account reconciliations, etc.
- Prepare, analyze and report weekly, monthly, quarterly gross margin analysis
- Assist in month-end closing, prepare journal entries as necessary
- Work in special projects as required
- Support and assist internal department reporting requirements such as audit schedules, tax schedules and others
- Ensure timely submission, accuracy and validity of reporting to management
- Ability to apply knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles & Cost Accounting Standards (specifically standard costing and variance analysis)
- Must be able to adapt to new and different computer programs and software to enable efficient data gathering and analysis
- Ability to research, compile, analyze and interpret data
- Strong written, verbal communication, and collaborative skills
- Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Office products
- Ability to analyze and reconcile complex accounts and reserves
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
This position is available immediately. Please submit resume if interested and qualified. Bachelors degree in Accounting/Finance required.
Indeed - 23 months ago
National property management company specializing in student housing with over 2500 beds currently under management. Criterion 3 is...