Penn National Gaming has thrilled and entertained guests since 1971 when it all began as a horse racing venue. From a single race track, we have grown to be one of the nation’s largest gaming companies, operating properties that offer broad and diverse gaming and pari-mutuel wagering experiences. PENN is dedicated to becoming the undisputed leader in guest service by offering a Red Carpet experience for each and every guest.
Your daily responsibilities include:
Hollywood Casino Kansas Speedway is currently looking for a EMT / Security Officer to join the team.
- Respond to instructions from emergency medical dispatcher and drives specially equipped emergency vehicle to specific location.
- Monitor communication equipment to maintain contact with dispatcher.
- Remove or assist in removal of victims from scene of accident or catastrophe.
- Determine nature and extent of illness or injury, or magnitude of catastrophe, to establish first aid procedures to be followed or need for additional assistance, basing decisions on statement of persons involved, examination of victims, and knowledge of emergency medical practice.
- Administer prescribed first aid treatment at site of emergency, or in specially equipped vehicle, performing such activities as application of splints, administration of oxygen, treatment of minor wounds or abrasions, or administration of artificial resuscitation.
- Communicate with professional medical personnel at emergency treatment facility to obtain instructions regarding further treatment and to arrange for reception of victims at treatment facility.
- Assist in removal of victims and occasionally, transfer of victims to treatment center
- Assist treatment center admitting personnel to obtain and record information related to victims' vital statistics and circumstances of emergency.
- Maintain vehicles and medical and communications equipment and replenishes first aid equipment and supplies.
- Assist in controlling crowds, protecting valuables, or performing other duties at scene of catastrophe.
- This position is responsible for providing superior service to our guests
- Must seek out opportunities to be of service
- Maintain highly visible patrols to insure a safe gaming experience
- Assure quality support to other departments so that they may serve guests more effectively
- Maintain public order and enforcing safety rules
- Protecting property and assets
- Create fun and excitement with the customer
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have active certification to act as an EMT in the state our casino resides
- Effective communication (written and verbal)
- Previous customer service experience
- Able to handle stressful situations dealing with the general public
- Ability to work in an environment, which may be noisy and/or have excessive cigarette smoke
- Need tact when dealing with difficult customers
- Run on level surfaces, as well as, up and down stairs
- Ability to identify and quickly respond to potential problems and conflicts and defend self and others in combative situations
- Ability to effectively and efficiently move around all work areas including walking and standing for long periods of time
- Ability to multi tasking as required (security officers cover a wide variety of different posts and work with all departments)
- Required to initiate positive interactions with guests and employees
- Actively patrolling sections/floor looking for interaction opportunities, answering calls while still maintaining the ability to build relationships
- The ability to operate company motor vehicles
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 25 lbs., and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces
Something to leave you with:
If you're truly committed to a red-carpet service culture, then you need a team that is just as dedicated in pursuing that vision. Penn National Gaming is the place where we empower our cast members to deliver that WOW factor to our guests and in turn we will provide them an opportunity to build an "A" list career portfolio. You will soon understand why "It's Good To Be PENN!"
Penn National Gaming, Inc. - 18 months ago