Edison Mission Marketing & Trading (EMMT), based in Boston, Massachusetts, conducts price risk management and energy trading activities for its parent organization, Edison Mission Group (EMG), based in Santa Ana, California. EMG is an independent power producer engaged in the business of owning, leasing, operating and selling energy and capacity from electric power generation facilities.
As of January 1, 2010, EMG's continuing operations consist of owned or leased interests in more than 44 power generation facilities in 14 states, with an aggregate capacity of approximately 10,000 MW of electricity that can be produced from coal, natural gas, biomass and wind.
This portfolio includes fossil-fuel power plants in California, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Washington, West Virginia and Doga, Turkey; a biomass facility in New York, and one of the largest portfolios of wind energy projects in the U.S., with more than 25 projects currently in operation or under construction in Arizona, Iowa, Minnesota, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas and Wyoming.
Supervise and maintain the organization’s repository of software applications through best practices and the appropriate staffing and management of an applications team. Also responsible for planning and coordinating the processes required for the provision of user applications and systems necessary for business operations. This individual will apply proven communication and problem-solving skills to guide and assist the user group on issues related to the design, development, and deployment of mission-critical information and software systems.
- Proactively identify IT initiatives that provide efficiencies and competitive advantages for the business
- Participate in the evaluation of new projects for cost, benefit and feasibility
- Gather requirements to define scope. Ability to function as a business analyst across business units.
- Manage projects using industry best practice methodologies
- Responsible implementation of projects and enhancements
- Responsibility for managing work to budgets
- Responsible for maintaining a set of applications that support a trading organization.
- Create and maintain documentation for IT systems, processes, policies and procedures
- Strong understanding of business process skills with demonstrated ability to bring the benefits of technology to solve business issues and create innovative business processes while also managing cost and risk
- Strong understanding of IT governance and administration best practices in a structured IT department
- Experience with project management tools. Strong communications skills including the ability to communicate with and understand the needs of non-technical internal users
- Experience supporting a Trading or Financial organization. This includes working with Traders, Quantitative Analysts and Risk Analysts.
- Strong communications skills including the ability to communicate with and understand the needs of non-technical internal users
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Business
- 7+ years of IT experience in areas of Business Analyst and Project Management
Midwest Generation - 9 months ago