University of Idaho
Enterprise Server Systems Analyst I
(Server Systems Analyst 1)
Information Technology Services
Open for Recruitment: February 19, 2013 - Open until further notice
Announcement #: 15881058116
Salary Range: DOE
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Online Application ( Click here to apply )
University of Idaho Information Technology Services department is looking for individuals to work in a collaborative team providing operational support for the university's enterprise servers. We offer a professional, supportive, and educational working environment where you’re valued for your skills, work ethic, and ability to self-manage projects through to completion.
Applicants will need work experience which demonstrates knowledge and skills in server, data center, and hardware support. Your skills and responsibilities must be supporting production servers, in performing standard support operations, and in supporting related infrastructure. This must be documented in the supplemental questionnaire for this position, so please fill it out completely. The ideal candidate should also have a demonstrated record of delivering quality customer service and communicating effectively with staff and management both verbally and in writing. Employment is contingent on a successful background investigation.
Contact: Direct questions to David Summers, Search Committee Chair at (208) 885-4070 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Server Systems Analyst I is responsible for critical support of our enterprise systems by: maintaining essential server applications on heterogeneous hardware; performing system administration functions; creating and assisting in server support programs; developing and maintaining systems health and status monitoring and reporting, maintaining and enhancing server systems security; and providing related operational support and tasks. This position reports to the Server Systems Operations Manager.
Knowledge in or capable of:
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Technology (or a related field) with 2 years related experience or 3 years of related experience. All experience must be in server and related infrastructure support capacity.
- Installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting Microsoft Server operating systems and server applications, including doing so in an Active Directory environment.
- Host IP configuration and functionality, including concepts necessary to troubleshoot DNS, SNMP, network communication, or firewall rules related problems.
- Troubleshooting hardware components such as motherboards, midplane / backplane boards, storage, network cards, processors and memory.
- Supporting systems and components of a data center environment such as rack mount hardware, structured cabling, UPS, power and cooling.
- Interacting with users and with vendor support to identify and resolve server hardware and application problems.
- Working cooperatively and communicating effectively with management, colleagues, and end-users in a customer service driven environment.
Must have a flexible and professional attitude towards working hours
- Knowledge of proper practices for working in a secure IT environment.
- Knowledge of Windows Server support applications and operations, including monitoring, security, patching, backups, and system management.
- Server systems technologies, such as NTFS, virtualization, file servers, web servers, SAN/NAS.
- Basic network protocols such as CIFS, HTTP, LDAP, SSH, and SSL.
- Lifting devices weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Demonstrated record of delivering quality customer service and communicating effectively both verbally, in writing, and interpersonally.
Must: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
About ITS, the University of Idaho, and Moscow, Idaho:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Experience working in a higher education institution.
- Exposure to and willingness to work with the Linux operating system.
- Server systems certification.
- Skills in a server scripting language.
- Experience with Dell server hardware, Commvault Simpana, centralized antivirus, and other centralized server management tools would be beneficial.
- Demonstrated success working in a team environment and promoting the goals of the organization.
- A good knowledge of industry trends and hardware and software.
University of Idaho Information Technology Services (ITS) department: as part of the UI Division for Finance and Adminstration, is responsible for computing and communications activities for the University of Idaho. ITS provides email, local and wide-area network, Internet, and voice communication support services along with providing hardware and software support for academic, administrative, and student computing activities.
The University of Idaho: Outstanding programs, people, and location make the University of Idaho a dynamic and exciting university – one that is internationally renowned and student-centered. The University has earned the highly regarded Carnegie Doctoral/Research – Extensive status. As Idaho’s land grant and flagship research university, it is an integral part of the fabric of the state and plays a key role in economic development. The residential campus located in Moscow is a place of transformation and lasting traditions. It, along with its centers and research stations around the state, are places of discovery, where world-class scientific advancements enrich lives within the state, across the nation and around the world. www.uidaho.edu
Moscow, Idaho: is a university town with a population of about 22,000 located on the scenic Palouse region bordering northern Idaho with eastern Washington. Washington StateUniversity is eight miles west of us and the two universities share research and educational projects and together offer far more cultural opportunities than is ordinarily expected of small towns. Included in the offerings is the annual Lionel Hampton Jazz Festival, a world-class event, held at the U of I in February. Intercollegiate athletics abound, and outdoor recreational opportunities, in the form of biking, hiking, camping, hunting and fishing are minutes away. Idaho is paradise for those who love the outdoors, active living, scenic beauty, and friendly people. www.moscow.com
To enrich education through diversity, the University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Copyright ©2012 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
University of Idaho - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard