FSA develops new investment and banking business through leads generated from internal partnering. The FSA will identify, profile and meet with clients to analyze and review financial goals. Engages customers in the lobby for delivery of store value proposition. The FSA will triage client leads and make referrals to appropriate internal service providers based on client needs and asset thresholds. Participates in on-going training and interaction with the Merrill Lynch Wealth Complex. The role is a bridge between banking and brokerage, therefore the FSA must have a general awareness of core banking and investment solutions. The FSA should be able to provide a single company and product view for our clients, executing referrals across banking and brokerage lines. Demonstrates proficiency with appropriate banking center systems and routines to support sales process. Series 7 & 66 (63 & 65 in lieu of 66) and Insurance licenses required. CFP preferred. 4 year business degree preferred. One+ years experience in business development and investments training.
This position may be subject to SAFE Act registration requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all applicants for employment who will be engaged in residential loan mortgage originations (as defined by the SAFE Act) must register with the federal registry system and maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE ACT requirements. If at any time the Bank determines that your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to register successfully or to maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act will affect your eligibility for continued employment and may result in your immediate termination.
Key Job Responsibilities
1. Assess customer goals by conducting financial opportunity sessions with new or existing banking clients. Leverage business knowledge to determine prudent and appropriate strategy to meet client’s needs by recommending financial solutions for Mass Affluent clients.
2. Build strategic partnership with Banking Center as a valued team member. Refer business back to appropriate Banking Associate/Personal Banker. Refer clients with an investment need and more than $250K in investable assets to a local Merrill Lynch Wealth Advisory Complex. Refer to other appropriate business channel(s) (i.e. Small Business, HL&I) as needed
3. Demonstrates strong awareness of enterprise-wide opportunities to serve our customers.
4. Pro-actively build relationships with potential and existing clients to meet business objectives.
5. Comply with all applicable banking and investment laws, regulations, company polices, and procedures, in order to serve the clients' best interests and enhance client satisfaction.
1. 3+ years of proven investment business development experience, including investment training. In-depth knowledge of investment products and services
2. Experience creating a comprehensive financial strategy, assessing needs, identifying, and recommending financial solutions
3. Knowledge of banking (credit and deposit) products and services desired
4. Demonstrated ability to cultivate effective revenue generating partnerships with other LOBs
5. Proven track record of ability to influence: present oneself assertively, convincingly and with confidence to establish credibility and respect with others
6. Must be able to provide evidence of consultative communication and relationship building skills leading to client fulfillment and delight in previous roles
7. Must possess sound business ethics; acts in the best interest of the client
8. Highly motivated self-starter, proactive, with intense focus on results. Conveys a sense of urgency to achieve business goals and exceed expectations
9. Excellent time management and organizational skills
10. 4 year degree, preferably in business related field, CFP desired
11. Series 7 & 66 (63 & 65 in lieu of 66)
Bank of America Corporation is a bank holding company. Through its banking subsidiaries (the Banks) and various non-banking subsidiaries...