The role of the Pharmacy Technician in the Pharmacy Advisor team, a leading-edge, start-up program for CVS Caremark is to provide support to members and/or prescribers, and Pharmacists assisting members and/or prescribers, regarding the disease state(s) supported by the program. Through the use of sophisticated modeling and systems, we are able to identify members who meet the desired counseling opportunity criteria. Outbound calls are made (with return inbound calls likely) directly to patients with the Pharmacy Technician helping to prepare the member for the conversation with the consulting Pharmacist. In addition, Technicians will be responsible for educating the member on the value and purpose of the program, client-related messages as well as identifying ways to help with medication ordering process and medication costs savings opportunities. Besides assisting with inbound and outbound calls, the Pharmacy Advisor Pharmacy Technician will also support requests received via fax.
In addition to working very closely with members, prescribers and Pharmacy Advisor Pharmacists, the Pharmacy Advisor Pharmacy Technician will also be required to work very closely with key CVS Caremark departments needed to properly support this program. This would include departments such as mail order filling facilities, Fast Start, Diabetic Meter Exchanges, Clinical Care Services, etc.
If you enjoy working in a highly charged, fast paced call center as well as participating in the further development and refinement of work systems, tools, processes and procedures, then Pharmacy Advisor may be just the place for you!
About Pharmacy Advisor:
Pharmacy Advisor is a newly developed program for CVS Caremark. It provides a significant opportunity for all involved to be a part of an exciting, new clinical program for CVS Caremark. The Pharmacy Advisor operations team will have a direct impact on the health and outcomes for patients with chronic disease states. Pharmacists and Technicians will receive messaging at critical points in care, use enhanced computer systems and leverage behavior modification/interviewing techniques that can be instrumental in driving optimal health outcomes and to provide personalized support to our targeted members. The start-up team will be located in Scottsdale (Shea facility) and will work together to demonstrate the true value that Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians can have to their patients.
Education, training, experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Post High School, specialized pharmacy related training, AA or BA Degree in Management or Communication desired. Certified Pharmacy Technician with State licensure required.
- At least 1 year experience in customer service or call center environment.
- Previous experience in Pharmacy or healthcare industry preferred.
- Qualifications PC skills in Windows-based applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior soft-skills.
- Able to work in a fluid, frequently changing, high-paced work environment.
- Able to work in team environment. Requires availability to work various shifts.
- Ability to learn new operating systems and new communication stratgies.
- Must be flexible, organized and have excellent customer service skills
- Must show high school diploma and birth certificate to receive the Pharmacy Technician Certification.
Washington State Pharmacy Association
- 4 years ago - save job
CVS Health is a pharmacy innovation company helping people on their path to better health. Through our 7,800 CVS/pharmacy retail pharmacies,...