Capital - Real Estate
Now is the time to join GE in building a better tomorrow, today. If you thrive on being challenged, interacting with diverse technical teams and using your expertise to imagine, innovate and explore, then GE’s new Advanced Manufacturing & Software Technology Center in Van Buren Township, Michigan, is the place for you! Here, the best and brightest technical and research experts will come together and use cutting-edge technologies to solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Realize your potential today. Join us at this world-class facility where you’ll find endless learning opportunities, a culture committed to driving innovation, and state-of-the-art amenities like next-generation virtual meeting technology, collaborative workspaces, a fitness center and more. With positions available in so many areas, there’s sure to be an opportunity for you to put your imagination to work!
To stay connected with news and hot jobs from GE AMSTC, Aviation, Energy and Transportation, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
This position will have the following IT HQ regulatory and compliance responsibilities primarily for North America with some responsibilities for other poles.
- Assist with the coordination and execution of SOX/IT Control leadership activity with IT internal groups, external auditors and regulators
- Identify opportunities to enhance and streamline controllership operations
- Track metrics which demonstrate control adherence and effectiveness
- Monitor enhanced operating mechanisms to track and resolve identified issues on a timely basis & work closely with control owners to track exceptions and timely remediation
- Assist with reporting progress and status of regulatory initiative/business improvement efforts to senior management; this includes the preparation and delivery of communications and documentation including deliverable updates, executive briefings, risk assessment and trending analytics
- Monitor environments to ensure continuous compliance to global IT policies and procedures
- Participate in all pertinent general IT regulatory and compliance projects
- Work closely with stakeholders to facilitate understanding of regulatory standards and controls across IT
- Bachelor's Degree (or a minimum 4 years of equivalent work experience)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in information technology
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with IT Governance and Controllership methodologies (e.g., TOD and TOE, Sarbanes‐Oxley, Federal Reserve (FFIEC), and Bank Regulations (FDIC))
For U.S. employment opportunities, GE hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non‐immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. GE will require proof of work authorization.
- Because of the nature of GE Capital Real Estate’s business and its potential access to non‐public information, this position has been designated as a Transaction Restricted Employee (TRE) position. The TRE designation requires periodic certification of the designation, the use of designated brokers for certain investments accounts, and prior approval before trading in securities.
- Must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act
- Must submit your application for employment through COS (Internal Candidates) or GECareers.com (External Candidates) to be considered for this opening
- GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be willing to travel up to 5% of the time
- Must be willing to work from Van Buren, Michigan offices
- Understanding of industry accepted IT governance standards (i.e. COBIT, ITIL, etc.)
- Internationally recognized certification such as CIA, CISA, CGEIT, CISM, CISSP, etc.
- Consulting / Audit Experience
- Experience of supporting and responding to IT Audits and Federal Reserve
- Demonstrated ability to develop tools, templates and metrics used to manage and monitor operational activities
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish goals on highly complex, time sensitive requests
- Broad knowledge of IT systems, processes and controlsGE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
GE Capital - 23 months ago
At GE Capital we’re not just bankers, we’re builders. Headquartered in Norwalk Connecticut, GE Capital is one of the...