We are currently seeking an Advanced Level Architect (Architect III) to join our growing Architecture team in the AECOM Long Wharf office in Boston Massachusetts. As an Advanced Level Architect (Architect III) you will independently evaluate, select and apply standard architectural techniques, procedures and criteria using judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications. You will independently perform all the tasks necessary to complete the primary design elements for assigned projects. Assignments will have clear and specified objectives and require the investigation of a broad number of variables.
Essential Duties May include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform work which involves conventional types of plans, investigations, surveys, structures, or equipment with relatively few complex features for which there are precedents
- Determine in conjunction with management, the technical approach and design criteria
- Conduct independent investigations, studies, and complicated architectural analysis
- Prepare design calculations or details, plans and/or specifications
- Prepare quantity calculations and/or develop cost estimates
- Prepare reports, opinions, and recommendations for the approval of management concerning the project
- Serve as quality control reviewer
- Use computer software as a tool for solving complex architectural problems
- Contribute inventions, new designs, or techniques which are of material significance in the solution of important problems
- Stay current in codes and technologies appropriate to the architecture discipline
- Identify discrepancies in results
- Ensure conformance with standards, established architectural practices, applicable codes, and technical adequacy of design and construction
- Review shop drawings and Requests for Information (RFIs)
- Implement and follow Company Quality Management System Procedures
· 10 – 15 years progressive work experience in an architectural practice.
· Licensed Architect in Massachusetts is required and the remaining New England states a plus.
· Experience in the design of transportation buildings such as airport and/or rail passenger terminals is a plus
· Strong AutoCAD 3D skills required
· Excellent Revit and BIM skills are required
· LEED AP with experience from design to certification is a plus
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction...