1. Work alongside development engineers in a challenging and innovative atmosphere involved in design, testing, and maintenance of oilfield acquisition tools. Major aspects of this position include embedded and application development with hardware integration and testing.
2. Perform advanced code development utilizing various development environments such as TI Code Composer Studio, IAR embedded workbench etc.
3. Utilized embedded emulators for firmware development and testing.
4. Familiarity with windows-based programming using Visual Studio C++, .Net and/or visual basic.
5. Assist electrical team during the development/testing phase of new electrical designs for downhole use, primarily in the drilling dynamics area.
6. Carry out in-depth data analysis with computational packages such as Matlab.
7. Able to contribute to all phases of a project (concept development, drawings, schematics, purchasing, assembly, testing, and troubleshooting). Tasks will require self-direction and motivation.
8. Communicate effectively between various Engineering groups to enable information flow.
9. Accurately and thoroughly document all stages of product development, assembly, testing, and debugging.
Minimum 4 year Bachelor's degree.
Work Experience Requirements:
3-8 yrs. experience with Bachelor's degree
3 yrs. experience with Master's degree
- Strong development capability with TI Code Composer environment.
- Hardware debugging and software/firmware integration utilizing embedded emulators.
- Familiarity with FPGA-based coding
- Experience with Matlab data analysis.
- Visual C++, Visual Basic, and .Net programming languages a plus.
- Experience in high temp hardware design a plus.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to time manage and set priorities.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
US TX Houston 1530 W Sam Houston Pkwy
1530 W Sam Houston Pkwy
National Oilwell Varco - 17 months ago
National Oilwell Varco is the tool man that provides goods and services to exploration and production companies operating in oil patches...