World Learning is seeking candidates for a Performance Measurement Intern. World Learning is an 80-year-old global non-profit organization with operations in 77 countries. Through its award-winning international education programs – The Experiment in International Living (EIL), the SIT Graduate Institute, SIT Study Abroad and the International Honors Program (IHP) – World Learning fosters global citizenship by connecting over 3,000 young ambassadors annually across cultural differences and social barriers. Through its International Development & Exchange Programs, World Learning practices what it teaches, undertaking community-driven international development, training and exchange projects in sixteen countries. For more information visit www.worldlearning.org
This position is based in Washington, DC and will report to the Divisional VP, Operations. This is a part-time, temporary internship.
Learn about and contribute to the process to develop focused, sound, and appropriate institution-wide measures of institutional performance, especially mission outcomes.
• Perform on-line literature searches as requested
• Read and review relevant literature and compose advisory notes
• Research new electronic data collection and compilation mechanisms
• Collect evaluation instruments from WL departments
• Review existing departmental evaluation instruments for possible improvement
• Help design and facilitate one-day mission definition meetings with program unit heads (dates to be determined)
• Perform other duties as required or assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in related area with some graduate level coursework preferred.
• Familiarity and ease with online databases and secondary research search engines
• Good attention to detail
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Punctuality and ability to meet agreed-upon deadlines
• Interest in organization performance and mission outcomes measurement
• Previous experience with research and/or evaluation
• Experience with developing simple data compilation, storage, and analysis processes
• Meeting design and facilitation
This position is paid at $8.25/hour.
Please note, a resume and cover letter are required when applying to this position.
World Learning is an equal opportunity employer.