is a premier institutional pharmacy services provider, dedicated to providing quality patient care and innovative pharmacy solutions to institutional customers and patients in long-term care settings. With nearly $2 billion in annual revenues,
second largest institutional pharmacy company in America
operates more than 100 institutional pharmacies in over 40 states and serves nursing facilities that care for approximately 350,000 patients.
PharMerica Des Moines
is recruiting a
Data Entry Pharmacy Technician I
to assist registered pharmacist in various aspects of pharmacy practice as permitted by regulations,
working Mon-Fri 8am-6pm, with weekend rotation (Sat 9-5)
. This position will include order entry, control room, pulling medications from shelf, compounding, packaging, bagging.
- Order Entry for new/refill medications
- File documentation as required by PharMerica and pharmacy regulations
- Respond to customer inquiries as necessary
- Fill drug kits under direct supervision applying accuracy and aseptic technique.
- Match preprinted label and delivery manifests with a source document
- Locate medication from pharmacy supply area, count out, and package in correct system, including blister packs, vials, etc.
- Pre-package medications according to standard procedures
- Assist in other phases of computer operations including billing procedures
- Clean all equipment and work areas
- Check equipment for calibration and safety
- Rotate stock as required
Interested candidates please apply on-line @
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Pharmacy tech certified in appropriate state.
- Minimum 1 year of related experience in data entry
- Excellent data entry skills
- Attention to detail and be able to work under deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be available to work Mon-Fri 8am-6pm
- Must be available to work weekend rotation (Sat 9-5)
PharMerica - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -
The only time you'll see PharMerica's products is when a nurse hands you a pill in a paper cup. It is the country's...