U.S. Citizenship is required. Applicants must possess an active, Federal Government Security Clearance or be willing to undergo a Federal Government background investigation to secure the required clearance.
**THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON TASK ORDER AWARD**
Intelligent Decision is hiring in automated litigation support (ALS) encompassing a wide range of professional services and products that help attorneys acquire, organize, analyze, develop, and present evidence throughout the course of litigation, from pre-filing investigation, through complaint, discovery, and trial, through post-trial briefs and the appeals process. Through the use of professional litigation support services and advanced tools for litigation support, the litigating attorney can use evidence and information effectively to win lawsuits.
• Usually reports to Application Manager or Lead Project Manager.
• Supervises staff of Help Desk and User Trainer Specialists who provide help desk and on-site support to end users.
• Assists in setting up and operating end-user support program for major applications in support of specific projects.
• Sets up overall user training programs, particularly for complex applications such as groupware and workflow packages which require active on-going training and support to ensure that they are being used effectively, but also for litigation support and office automation applications.
• Sets up facilities and procedures to ensure responsive support.
• Trains staff and sets up help desk staffing schedules.
• Organizes, prepares, schedules and conducts training sessions.
• Training will most often be user-level training for specific databases or specific software packages, including word processing and other office automation packages, but may sometimes also include team building training, contract/document center orientations, etc.
• Audience may include attorneys, paralegals, Government Case Managers, client agency staff, and/or other Contractor employees.
• Prepares training approach and materials.
• Arranges for use of training facilities, for access to appropriate applications, etc. [Note that inclusion of this CLIN does not signal that the Government intends to pay for training that the Contractor is required to provide to its employees.]
• Oversees and supervises help desk operations, including answering and responding to user phone calls, installing and troubleshooting litigation support packages on user desktops, and coordinating support with office automation support contractors and staff.
• Supervises teams of Help Desk and User Trainer Specialists providing search, retrieval, and reporting support to client attorneys.
• Receives requests and translates them into effective search strategies.
• Designs appropriate output formats, assists users in constructing and refining queries and helps resolve problems related to accessing databases.
• At least two years of experience providing direct end-user support for the applications being supported, including both telephone support and on-site assistance to users, is preferred.
• Certain applications may require certification by the software provider.
• At least one year teaching/training experience involving computer applications, preferably database, imaging, or other automated litigation support applications preferred.
• Prior supervisory experience strongly preferred.
• Must have hands-on familiarity with the network, telecommunications, and operating systems environment of the applications being supported.
• At least one year of experience in automated litigation support preferred.
• Experience with DOJ office automation environments extremely helpful.
• Should be an expert user of the Government's word processing, spreadsheet, and email systems.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills required.
• Undergraduate degree valued.
Since 1988, Intelligent Decisions (ID) has been developing innovative IT solutions to solve the most challenging requirements of our client,...