Provide customer service through the delivery and/or pick-up of parts and other products. Also, provide support to the warehouse operations of the branch. Delivery function accounts for about 50% of time.
1. Pull and organize customer orders for delivery from warehouse by part number and quantity as directed by picking ticket in priority assigned.
2. Load materials into vehicle and install bracing or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
3. Follow company delivery routes to insure maximum efficiency of delivery run.
4. Determine delivery vehicle is in an operative condition daily. Maintain a clean vehicle and operate vehicle in a safe manner daily.
5. Stock and maintain inventory items in designated warehouse storage areas.
6. Package, label and ship customer orders by UPS, US Mail, bus, motor freight and local truck deliveries.
7. Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
8. Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
Handling of normal stock will include lifting or carrying parts in excess of 60 lbs. up to 15% of the time. Majority of lifting and carrying will involve parts between 5 and 60 lbs.
Environmental/ Atmospheric Conditions
Inside/Outside Conditions, Varied Temperature Changes, Minimal Chemical Hazards, Vibration, Dust, Vehicle Noise
OSHA approved steel toed safety shoes required from the first day of this job.
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Minimum of 1 year of general warehouse experience.
- Valid drivers’ license with clean driving record.
For FleetPride, bigger is better. The company is one of the largest independent distributors of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts in the...