This person originates a high volume of mortgage loans (in accordance with Glacier Bank goals) and manages the entire loan origination process. Identifies opportunities and works to develop relationships with target customers and business associates in order to create additional new business.
- Close __________ mortgage loans per year. (Goal to be determined by Mortgage Department Manager in conjunction with goals set for Glacier Bank for annual real estate production.)
- Interview credit applicants and determine borrowing requirements. Obtain complete application and analyze financial information. Conduct credit investigation. Provide credit approval (subject to appraisal and other key conditions) within credit approval authority and automated underwriting guidelines.
- Identified and developed profitable relationships with potential new customers. Maintained and developed an ongoing relationship with current customer base. Maintained an aggressive customer calling (realtors, etc.) schedule, continuously projected an image of professionalism and concern in dealings with the public, and promoted our programs to best meet goals.
- Work closely with loan processor as a team to efficiently close all loans in a timely manner with proper documentation. Work with loan processor to insure all disclosures reports, financial statements, tax returns, title insurance commitments and appraisals are reviewed prior to closings. Kept current on loan programs and lending (federal and state) regulations as well as all compliance and bank policies.
- Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all employees who will be engaged in residential loan mortgage originations (as defined by the SAFE Act) must register with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) and maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE ACT requirements. MLOs (Mortgage Loan Originators) will be assigned a Unique Identifier, which must be provided to applicants as required, following the procedures of Glacier Bancorp, Inc. Failure to register successfully or to maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act will affect your eligibility for continued employment.
- Additional duties may be added or removed as needs arise.
Skills and Abilities Required
- Participate in Bank-sponsored activities that serve and support the mission and values of Glacier Bank.
- Provide superior service quality to internal and external customers.
- Complete required BVS training courses.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- At least one year sales and customer service experience
- At least one year banking experience
- Previous lending experience and/or education
- Must have the ability to work in a professional manner.
- Must be able to work quickly and accurately.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of computer applications
- Ability to use ten-key calculator and keyboard
- Three to five years experience as a Real Estate Loan Originator
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard -