The Strategic Account Executive will work with our larger Employer groups with 500- 3,000 eligible employees. It is a pivotal position, managing, growing, and renewing existing business, while fostering excellent relationships with customers. You will be responsible for interacting and building relationships with C-Suite leadership ensuring the clientâ€™s expectations are being exceeded.
- Accountable for renewing the large employer clients (500-3,000 employees) year over year.
- Accountable for customer (employer) loyalty and satisfaction, as measured by survey results and persistency.
- Establish, cultivate and manage the customer relationship at multiple levels, including VP and C-Suite level leadership , serving as a healthcare consultant and trusted business advisor to these customers.
- Establish, cultivate and manage relationships with consultants and brokers, recognizing the value they bring to our customers.
- Create the strategic retention and growth plan for each assigned customer, documenting and maintaining the plan within the formal Strategic Account Plan tool. Responsible for strategic plan deployment/execution.
- Strategically plan, negotiate and influence the interactions and relationships with customers, their brokers/consultants and internal team members to achieve strategic account goals.
- Responsible for value delivery to customer including plan performance, account management and service results.
- Develop and maintain a detailed knowledge base of assigned customers, beyond the traditional healthcare-focused information/knowledge, to become an extension of the customer's business. Understand their business objectives and leadership strategy, and use this knowledge to further our relationship by bringing valid employee benefit solutions to address their needs.
- Facilitate the lifecycle of the customer relationship from RFP to renewal.
- Clearly demonstrate the value propositions for specialty and ancillary business to improve customer growth and retention.
- Strategically plan and meet with customers quarterly, identifying trends and offering solutions per the Insight Driven Solutions (IDS) consultative and solutions process.
- Prepare, host and follow-up an annual strategic planning session with the customer.
- Determine and clearly articulate the value story, trend drivers and tracking of solutions performance to the customer.
- Meet all performance standards (including specific IDS metrics) required as a result of managing and monitoring activities along the customer and IDS life cycles.
UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
- Proven track record of over 5+ years of working with senior-level executives in a sales or account mgt role within the insurance industry required.
- Excellent negotiation/influence, collaboration, and listening skills.
- Excellent messaging, positioning and presentation of information for customer impact and influence.
- Strong work management skills - identify a goal and the steps needed for accomplishment and proactively manage action steps to accomplish goal.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- State Life and Health Insurance License required
When you work with UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual, what you do matters. It's that simple...and it's that challenging.
In providing consumer-oriented health benefit plans to millions of people, our goal is to create higher quality care, lower costs and greater access to health care. Join us and you will be empowered to achieve new levels of excellence and make a profound and personal impact as you contribute to new innovations in a vital and complex system.
Regardless of your role at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual, the support you feel all around you will enable you to do what you do with energy, integrity, and confidence. So take the first step in what is sure to be a fast paced and highly diversified career.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
UnitedHealth Group is the most diversified health care company in the United States and a leader worldwide in helping people live healthier...