A Solution Advisor (SA) is a pre-sales quota carrying salesperson focused on driving the sale of Dell Enterprise portfolio (with focus on storage and servers solutions) along with having a defined discipline (e.g. virtualization, application or networking). This person will work with existing account teams to evangelize, propose and architecture advanced configurations as part of the 'eco-system' around the Dell Enterprise portfolio offering. The Solution Advisor will make customer sales calls to surface, qualify, position and close new SMB Enterprise customers.
An integral part of the Dell sales team, the Solution Advisor is responsible for technical pre-sales support throughout the sales cycle. This includes, but is not limited to, the development and implementation of technical sales strategies, delivery of technical presentations, product demonstrations, customer focused seminars, and support for customer product evaluations. It's envisioned that the individual will be called-up by Field and Inside Sales Team to provide both overlay and advanced sales and technical support (based upon their respective discipline). The role will further provide the customer with an advanced resource in the particular discipline(s).
This Solution Advisor role has five major components:
1. Pre-Sales: Responsible for supporting Storage and Server Product Specialists and Systems Consultants by answering detailed technical questions. Candidate must be an expert at presenting technology, business, and strategy related materials.
2. Evangelize: The candidate must be able to understand, position, and explain technical topics with expert level knowledge of the competitive environment and Dell differentiation. Must have a voracious appetite to learn new technologies.
3. Training: "Raising the technical bar" for the Small and Medium Business (SMB)Technical Sales Teams through individual and group interactions such as Winter / Summer Tech Summits, Team conference calls and other group forums.
4. Subject Matter Expert (SME): The candidate will serve as the SMB SME for two or more disciplines (i.e. virtualization, networking, etc) supporting the SMB Field Team.
5. Steering Product Group: Candidate must possess solid organizational and long-range planning skills encompassing both technological and business aspects. Candidate must be able to leverage customer interaction in providing feedback into Product Group acting as a focal point for qualitative data from the entire SMB Inside and Outside sales organization.
- Candidate must be an experienced "expert" in the area of storage and server solutions with a high acumen to related technologies.
- Candidate must have exceptional customer-facing sales/consulting communication skills, a high level of industry awareness and business acumen.
- This position will be a remote based position.
- Six to 8 years of IT industry experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred - Other Degree + Experience considered
- Experience in storage sales or product management
- Customer facing experience
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Initiative / ingenuity
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to probe for customer pain-points and identify new sales opportunities
- Proactive in problem identification and solving
- The Solution Advisor will possess a comprehensive knowledge of the storage and server industry and will be able to articulate how the Dell solutions differ from other storage manufactures. The Solution Advisor will also be able to position how these differences will impact the customer's solution.
- The Solution Advisor will use their advanced technical knowledge to drive sales while insuring customer satisfaction through proper expectation management.
- The Solution Advisor should have 6 to 8 years outside pre-sales experience and 3 to 5 years of experience focused on positioning and selling networked storage solutions and/or complex enterprise solutions.
- Engage in cross functional development efforts through the conception, planning, development, and sustaining of integrated end to end embedded solutions.
- Engage in development efforts within approved processes.
- Achieve results and exceed customer quality expectations.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to write and analyze requirements, functional specifications, design specifications, test plans, and documentation.
- Candidate must be able to work effectively, independently and with existing sales teams.
- Candidate should be able to demonstrate a strong written and oral communications skills, exemplary selling skills, and good time management skills.
- A college degree is preferred as well as some level of technical certification (MCSE, PMI, EMC, etc).
- Extensive travel is required for this position up to 75% to include both domestic and international.
- This position may require occasional heavy lifting up to 86 lbs. The applicant will travel with an 86 lbs storage array that will be used for day to day activities such as customer demos, trainings and product evaluations.
- The Solution Advisor must be a self-starter and always seek opportunities to advance sales and industry presence for Dell.
Collaboration. Individual drive. A passion for technology. That's what success sounds like at Dell. It's this dedication to finding unique solutions that has given rise to many of our energy-smart, green initiatives. Sound like something you can get behind? Join our team, and you'll work in a dynamic environment with other motivated, talented individuals who care about protecting our planet. Plus, you'll get the mentoring, support and training you need to succeed on your own terms.
Workforce diversity is an essential part of Dell Inc. We encourage you to apply, whatever your race, age, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation.
Dell offers a competitive Salary and Bonus plan as well as a great Benefit Package. Please visit the About Dell section at www.dell.com for more information. Relocation to this area is available for this position.
Dell - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...