Intermedia, a global leader in Cloud services, including Microsoft Exchange and PBX, is looking for a Linux System Administrator to join our team. As a member of the System Administration team, you will help in maintaining Intermedia’s impeccable support as we continue to grow. You will be part of the Operations department, and will be responsible for maintaining and continually improving our current operational capabilities. Intermedia has added Hosted PBX to its line up of Cloud Services. We are looking for someone to take ownership of the product and services on our Systems administration team. This person will be highly motivated and interested in VOIP, SIP, and PBX, and want to help build and grow this product.
- Install, configure, and maintain all Linux systems and services, including, and PBX/SIP/VOIP, SQL, Web/FTP Servers, HA clusters, Mail, DNS.
- Provide real time monitoring and break/fix of production Linux systems.
- Assist with security audit of all Linux systems.
- Help maintain our 99.999% availability for all Intermedia Production Services.
- Assist with resolution of outages or pressing issues in the production environment and attempts to determine root cause.
- Provide Professional Services for customers with requirements that go beyond the normal scope of work.
- Assist with capacity planning for the production environment.
- Assist with audits to ensure architecture consistency across all Intermedia Infrastructure.
- Expert knowledge of VOIP, SIP, and PBX services (asterisk and/or Cisco voice series a plus)
- 5+ years Systems Administration experience with Unix/Linux Administration, preferably a Cloud or hosted Software as a Service environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to document detailed solutions and configurations for Operations.
- Ability to identify automation opportunities.
- Exercises creativity and resourcefulness in solving technical problems in a way that maximizes client value.
Education, Certification, or Equivalent Experience:
- Expert knowledge of Unix and Linux OS (Debian preferred)
- Expert knowledge of SQL (MySQL and PostgreSQL preferred)
- Expert knowledge of Clustering and High Availability
- Experience with SAN storage
- Experience with Virtualization platforms such as VMWare
- Experience with Mail, DNS, Spamfiltering
- Experience with development/programming/scripting
- Diagnostic and troubleshooting expert
- ITIL Foundation Knowledge
Intermedia is an equal opportunity employer.
- Four year college degree preferred, experience will be considered
Intermedia.net, Inc. - 2 years ago
Intermedia is the premier global provider of cloud services to small and mid-sized businesses. Delivered from Intermedia’s secure...