Jr to Mid Level UNIX System Administrator
Remote Work Authorized
Jan 14, 2013, 3:21:35 PM
Candidate must have basic understanding of UNIX based operating systems, primarily Solaris and Redhat.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs moderately complex systems and database administration. Monitors and tunes appropriate systems to ensure optimum level of performance.
- Oversees appropriate level software installations and upgrades and related software packages.
- Collects and reviews system data for capacity and planning purposes. Analyzes capacity data and develops capacity plans for appropriate level enterprise-wide systems. Coordinates with appropriate management personnel in implementing changes.
- Supports the design and configuration of complex system landscapes.
- Supports complex data/media recoverability through system backups and database archive operations. Plans, coordinates and directs appropriate level data refresh strategies.
- Oversees, recommends and implements appropriate level database solutions and enhancements to ensure an improvement in system reliability and performance.
- Oversees and applies appropriate support packages/patches to maintain system integrity.
- Develops and maintains appropriate system documentation to ensure that documentation is current. Oversees the maintenance of a library of system-supporting process and procedure documentation.
- Interacts with client management to answer questions, problems and requests regarding complex system issues.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- Six or more years of experience in a client-server environment
- Experience working with appropriate complex systems administration, database administration, and landscape maintenance
- Experience working with company products and services
- Experience working with company and client documentation and storage procedures
- Experience working with complex system implementations and organizational processes
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense Secret security clearance
- Basic understanding of UNIX based operating systems, primarily Solaris and Redhat
- Understanding of virtualization solutions like VMWare, Xen or Solaris zones
- Security+ certification highly desirable
- Understanding of Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) and NIS+ desirable
- Experience in configuring network devices (routers, firewalls, and switches) desirable
- Familiarity with DoD Information Assurance practices preferred
- Experience with GCCS, Oracle DB and Weblogic is desirable
- Some networking experience is desirable
- Able to manage and configure local storage
- Must have basic shell scripting experience
- Able to participate in configuration management activities
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Good personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
CSC - 14 months ago
For over 50 years, CSC has been a leader in the global IT industry.
Early on, we were instrumental in the rise of the U.S. space...