Software Quality Assurance Engineer II is responsible for Test planning, design, execution and Automation for various GolfNow.com applications and subsystems.
• Perform software quality assurance, including black box testing, white box testing, user acceptance testing, and maintenance regression testing
• Automate tests using available and open-source tools and technologies.
• Code in standard Object Oriented languages like Java
• Learn and employ automation tools like Selenium, Ruby.
• Evaluate testing and inspection plans for projects of varying technology, complexity, and size
• Develop and document test scripts, test cases, defect tracking and reports
• Create and maintain manual and/or automated test scripts, test data, and other deliverables related to the software quality assurance (SQA) process
• Review log files and other run-time documentation for defects and issues
• Analyze the results of software tests and provide results for use in development code inspections and group reviews of project deliverables
• Detect, document, and track system defects throughout the SQA process
• Under direction of product management, participate in user acceptance testing
• Perform maintenance regression testing
• Work with development teams to support and implement applications
• Other duties as assigned
• 2 + experience as a QA Engineer or related position in a collaborative, team-driven software engineering environment or 4 years CS or related Bachelors degree.
• 1+ years experience automating or extending a test frameworks
• 2+ years coding experience with standard Object Oriented languages like Java
• Experience with e-commerce and transactional systems
• Familiarity and/or programming experience with .NET and web-based technologies
• Excellent SQL and data skills
• Understanding of configuration issues related to software development; UNIX experience preferred
• Experience maintaining test environments, automated testing tools, and other resources in support of SQA process
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Team player with strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
• Ability to work under tight deadlines
• Be curious about how things work and love breaking things
• Be passionate about technology trends and all things related to testing
• Be excited about automation and building tools to help do your job and and help the rest of the team
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
NBC Universal - 2 years ago