A growing Los Angeles based company is looking for a Human Resources Generalist. The majority of our company is in a wage class that earns between $10.00 and $18.00 per hour, and included in that number are employees in various other states besides California. As our company is growing nationally, the Human Resources Generalist would need to be knowledgeable in the labor laws of different states.
A Human Resources Generalist is needed who would provide the following services:
1. Provide and distribute new hire and employee exit/change paperwork to Payroll.
2. Review bi-weekly payroll processing for accuracy.
3. Process wage garnishments in accordance with state law.
4. Employment verifications.
5. Processing of National Medical Support Notices from CSSD
GENERAL H.R. ADMINISTRATION:
6. Review and monitor incoming resumes, coordinate with hiring supervisor.
7. Prepare employee exit packages and host exit interviews.
8. Maintain all personnel records.
9. Maintain strict confididentiality of all personnel records and matters.
10. Mitigate labor disputes.
11. Process EDD matters.
12. Process worker's compensation claims and maintain records and forms.
13. Attend relevant labor law, HR and payroll related external courses as needed.
14. Other duties as assigned.
15. Succession planning.
16. Processing of terminations.
17. Attorney coordination on employee legal matters.
18. Administration of employee benefit plans.
19. Assist in renewal of employee benefit plans.
20. Post job openings online.
21. Perform duties as assigned.
Must be willing to travel, approximately 5% to 10% of the time.
*At least 2 years of experience in an HR environment.
*Bachelor's degree in Human Resources from an accredited institution.
*Extensive knowledge of benefits renewal/open enrollment.
*Working knowledge of current HR laws and regulations in multiple states.
*Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
***Must be an excellent communicator, both written and verbally***
Please submit resume and salary history for consideration.